[TOOL][MAC]Splash Flasher for Mac OSX
This is a simple tool/script used to:
1. convert .jpg .png and .bmp files into the format used for the splash screen on your device.
2. Make a full backup/restore of your device.
3. Flash the new image to your device.
I have only tested this on the HTC Droid DNA, if anyone wants to test it for another device and post results that would be great.
This script is based on the work done by TrueBlue_Drew
, but since I am on a Mac, I got tired of booting a virtual machine every time that I wanted to make a new splash screen. So I decided to "convert" his script to a bash script to make my life easier. After testing several boot screens and all of the functions myself to make sure they all work, I decided to share the script with everyone here on XDA. I have been using this site since I got my first Android phone just a few years ago (and it was a Motorola Citrus...one of the worst "smart" phones ever created!), and have learned a ton - I figured it is time that I start giving back to the community.
If you like my work, don't be afraid to click the "Thanks" button. If you see any way to improve the script or have suggestions for other functions, leave a comment. If you have a question about bash scripting or using adb, leave a comment (I may or may not be able to help, but I will try...and there are many others here that can help).
Thanks again to TrueBlue_Drew
for writing a nice little batch file that got me started on the path to creating this tool for myself.
The flash/backup splash option should work for any HTC devices that use a 1080x1920 splash screen but has ONLY
been confirmed working with the HTC Droid DNA (I will add others to the list if anyone else confirms they work. I am already thinking about a way to select an option for the boot screen size you want to convert in order for this to work on more devices.
1. Written on Mac running OSX 10.9.1 (Mavericks), but should work on any OSX Mac
2. Rooted HTC device with S=OFF and Eng Hboot
3. 1080x1920 png, jpg or bmp image
1. Download the attached zip and unzip it somewhere on your Mac.
2. Create or find the 1080x1920 image you want for your splash screen.
3. Go into the "Splash Flasher Mac" folder you unzipped and place your image
in the "place-image-here" folder.
4. Run the file "splash_flasher.sh" file in the terminal and follow the on screen instructions.
NOTE: At this time this does not support having more than one of the same image type in the "place-image-here" folder when converting and flashing. A fix for that is already being worked on, but didn't see it as a major issue right now since you can only flash one splash screen anyway.