Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,101 Members 44,000 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TEP change in March 2014

Tip us?

flight01
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Default TEP change in March 2014

Has anyone else received a letter from sprint about the changes yet?

The biggest changes are 1. A $25 fee for any repairs or trips to the store. You get two free trips a year. 2. A huge update to the terms and conditions.

Is this cancelation worthy with no etf?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

elosogrande7076
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Ya, I received mine on Saturday. Im already on the fence with Sprint so Im taking these changes in to consideration.

It'll be nice to see what others think about it.

adelmundo
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Interesting. Thinking about going to T-Mo, should have the S5 available by March if you want to ETF due to these changes.

guisar
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Apologies for my ignorance but would this just obviate the etf? Anyone know how the device charges would be handled.

ArchangelRenzoku
Old
Thanks Meter 100

DONATE TO ME
I'm so glad I just got my replacement. I cancelled after paying the deductible. It sucks that if your screen is cracked whatsoever, the warranty for any other possible repairs is void. My digitizer wasn't even affected and I went in for issues with Samsung Knox not showing up and stuff. And now hearing this just made me realize what a crappy deal it has been before and how it's about to get a whole lot worse. When dealing with Sprint, you're better off with Best Buy's protection program instead. If I get on someone's Framily plan, that's where I'll be doing my upgrades from now on once the new lineup of Triband phones is released.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
If what I've said helped or contributed in any way, you don't have to buy me anything... just hit the thanks button.

So glad I jumped Sprint for T-Mo with my new Stock Note III on 4.4.2