5,594,386 Members 37,005 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is CM11 any good for gaming?

Tip us?

gumball3000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Exclamation Is CM11 any good for gaming?

Hello there. I am a heavy Arcane Legends player which is a very demanding mmorpg game. Gaming on jb was a failure, it didn't lag only if the game was 2D, at least that was my experience with it. So i switched back to gb.

Gb is fine for the most part but Arcane Legends uses up a lot of memory so after playing a while it can get very laggy and that's when i have to restart the app. Also chainfire 3D helped me get better performance.

My question is: Is it worth upgrading from gb to cm11 for gaming performance? I don't care about ui changes or other functionalities, i want to know if its worth upgrading for gaming alone.

arhamiq
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
Hello there. I am a heavy Arcane Legends player which is a very demanding mmorpg game. Gaming on jb was a failure, it didn't lag only if the game was 2D, at least that was my experience with it. So i switched back to gb.

Gb is fine for the most part but Arcane Legends uses up a lot of memory so after playing a while it can get very laggy and that's when i have to restart the app. Also chainfire 3D helped me get better performance.

My question is: Is it worth upgrading from gb to cm11 for gaming performance? I don't care about ui changes or other functionalities, i want to know if its worth upgrading for gaming alone.
Don't know bout cm 11 but AOSP 4.4 has really great gaming performance.
San Andreas was really smooth and playable so i believe this game might also have better performance as compared to gb.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using xda app-developers app

gumball3000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGuqZZKE5R0
This is san andreas on gb and it looks pretty smooth to me even with max settings.

arhamiq
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGuqZZKE5R0
This is san andreas on gb and it looks pretty smooth to me even with max settings.
Dude hes on stock JB MK2.
Not gb. San andreas requires minimun Android 3.0+

Sent from my GT-I8160 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to arhamiq For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]