XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

screen glitches after 4.3 update

Tip us?

NbisYaj001
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default screen glitches after 4.3 update

Hi all I'm am new to this but i need much help here. After updating my Note 2 t889 to new firmware 4.3 OTA, my screen starts up and i can see the Galaxy Not 2 logo but then it glitches and goes to black. I can no longer see anything after but can still hear my phone boot up, light up eveything else. I have downloaded the official 4.3 from samobile and use odin to reinstall, everything went fine but still the screen does the samething. The only screen that im able to see fine is the download screen, recovery screen is black. Please Help!

NbisYaj001
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i dont know if this information matter but i did replace the digitizer with a N7100. The screen worked for 2 months with 4.1.2 until this update. Is it possible that the update made the N7100 digitizer not compatible any more? any help would be really appreciatied.

golfcartguy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My Note 2 t889 flickers when I attempt to update android as well. Its rooted and I think it has something to do with the cwm recovery used to root. But not 100%.

I have tried to update it numerous times, to no avail.

I think I need to un root, and start from scratch, then root again when updated to get rid of the flicker.

It flickers and rolls when trying to reboot after updating.

Have to enter recovery, wipe cache abd restart to get it to just boot.

Any ideas?

Be well.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Coug76
Old
Thanks Meter 440
Are either you using a non stock kernel?

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

NbisYaj001
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
well i might've screwed up now, try downgrading from 4.3 to 4.1.2 using this method i found;

So I did this a couple times now first by accident, then on purpose. If you want to go back to 4.1.2 from 4.3 all you have to do is use Odin. Flash stock 4.1.2 onto 4.3 you get an error "unsupported firmware" then put your phone back into download mode (volume down+home button+power) next flash CF-auto root. After that you can boot into recovery (volume up+home+power) in recovery format everything factory reset, format cache. Last reboot your phone it should reboot into 4.1.2 I think that is how I did it if I remember all the steps right. Feel free to ask questions I don't always explain myself very well.

i was thinking that this might work because my phone was fine on 4.1.2 so why not try. now on the download screen it says void:1, to make matters worst, it still doing the same thing. bad motherboard?

crisiandavid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NbisYaj001 View Post
well i might've screwed up now, try downgrading from 4.3 to 4.1.2 using this method i found;

So I did this a couple times now first by accident, then on purpose. If you want to go back to 4.1.2 from 4.3 all you have to do is use Odin. Flash stock 4.1.2 onto 4.3 you get an error "unsupported firmware" then put your phone back into download mode (volume down+home button+power) next flash CF-auto root. After that you can boot into recovery (volume up+home+power) in recovery format everything factory reset, format cache. Last reboot your phone it should reboot into 4.1.2 I think that is how I did it if I remember all the steps right. Feel free to ask questions I don't always explain myself very well.

i was thinking that this might work because my phone was fine on 4.1.2 so why not try. now on the download screen it says void:1, to make matters worst, it still doing the same thing. bad motherboard?
Hi, I got the same problem. My screen flickers at the galaxy note 2 logo after I flash the cf-autoroot after waiting the phone reboot itself and its okay, no flickering. So I tried to reflash the stock rom to see if it's fix, but it's not, I just wait again to boot my phone. Any idea how to fix it?