Thanks Meter 29
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Awesomeville, USA
DONATE TO ME
[Q] Looking for a device...
What's up all.
So here's my thought... Is there a device out there to plug into a TV's HDMI port that will let me send video files wirelessly to it from my phone/computer so that I can watch the videos on the big screen instead of my phone/computer screen?
A few ideas:
- Is there a HDMI-to-bluetooth adapter/dongle that I could plug into the TV and send the videos bluetooth-ly to?
- Is there a HDMI-"SmartTV-creating" adapter (I've seen things like "Android mini pc"s on the 'net) that I could use to transform my TV into a SmartTV or an android "tablet/computer-like-device" and then send the video files from one device to the other? i.e. - devices like this one... http://www.amazon.com/UG007B-Quad-Co...ndroid+mini+pc
with a wireless keyboard as well of course, and using either bluetooth or a wifi signal to send from my phone/computer to either stream, or transfer the file then watch.
- From what I know the Chromecast device at this time cannot do this, and only works for specific apps like HBO GO, Netflix, Hulu, etc., not for sending straight video files stored on a phone/tablet, but are there other such devices out there that do what I am looking to do?
Thanks all in advance for the help!
Thanks to all the devs and friendly souls here that have helped me with my RMaxxHD (XT926) enhancements:
- TWRP 126.96.36.199 recovery
- Wireless Hotspot hacked (via SQLite Editor)