XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Active Stylus and app?

Tip us?

coldbeverage
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Active Stylus and app?

I'm looking fit an active Stylus to use with the g pad. I find using a regular Stylus difficult because my hand rest on the screen and I can't write at the same time because the touchscreen doesn't know my hand is just resting. Anyone have any suggestions for a good one? Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to coldbeverage For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Potbellypig
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldbeverage View Post
I'm looking fit an active Stylus to use with the g pad. I find using a regular Stylus difficult because my hand rest on the screen and I can't write at the same time because the touchscreen doesn't know my hand is just resting. Anyone have any suggestions for a good one? Thanks.
There isn't one that would work with palm rejection. And don't think it would work otherwise. I have a Cregle Ink and tried it today on the LG 8.3 and it didn't work smooth enough. It's good enough for pointing and clicking but not for writing or drawing. I have an Adonit Script also but didn't try it. Those are the only two active stylues on the market now that work on capacitive screens but they are really marketed towards the ipad.

coldbeverage
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potbellypig View Post
There isn't one that would work with palm rejection. And don't think it would work otherwise. I have a Cregle Ink and tried it today on the LG 8.3 and it didn't work smooth enough. It's good enough for pointing and clicking but not for writing or drawing. I have an Adonit Script also but didn't try it. Those are the only two active stylues on the market now that work on capacitive screens but they are really marketed towards the ipad.
Thanks. If you try the script, please let me know if it works.

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

speedyx2000
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I want to try the Kensington Virtuoso one. When I receive it, I will post my impression.

Inviato dal mio LG-V500 usando XDA Premium HD app

MordodeMaru
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Any news on this end?