Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,486 Members 44,480 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Theme customization request

Tip us?

acmer77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Theme customization request

Hello all!

Been using Themer for some days now, and it's just great compared to other launchers out there. I tried GO launcher but hated the ads and 'chinese style'. Tried Nova too, but it was too similar to TW in my use. Themer is both original and not-pushy.

I use the HUD theme, which looks great and keeps the kids away from my phone (because it looks so weird ). One thing I don't really care about is the weather. I have a weather app I use daily to check the weekly forecast, I go out a few times a day, I have windows in my house so I can check the weather by turning my head... I really don't need Themer telling me the wrong weather anymore.

So, my request: could someone swap the weather widget to show something else, like core temp? I know I could do it myself, but it would take weeks and most of you can probably do it in a few minutes.

ThemerSupport
Old
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by acmer77 View Post
Hello all!

Been using Themer for some days now, and it's just great compared to other launchers out there. I tried GO launcher but hated the ads and 'chinese style'. Tried Nova too, but it was too similar to TW in my use. Themer is both original and not-pushy.

I use the HUD theme, which looks great and keeps the kids away from my phone (because it looks so weird ). One thing I don't really care about is the weather. I have a weather app I use daily to check the weekly forecast, I go out a few times a day, I have windows in my house so I can check the weather by turning my head... I really don't need Themer telling me the wrong weather anymore.

So, my request: could someone swap the weather widget to show something else, like core temp? I know I could do it myself, but it would take weeks and most of you can probably do it in a few minutes.
Hi there!

Having something like core temp is a bit tricky, as the widgets we provide don't really include that option.
Have you tried going into Themer Settings - Weather - then changing your weather provider - this might fix your temp problem.
You could always post the theme's wallpaper (found in Themer Wallpapers in your Gallery) and we could try Photoshop the "temperature" text and replace it with something else instead?
Apply beautiful themes to your phone in one click with Themer by MyColorScreen.

Learn more at ThemerApp.com.
The Following User Says Thank You to ThemerSupport For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

acmer77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Changing the provider doesn't help. It still shows 0 all the time.

I can't think of much else to fill the empty space with. While I was quickly checking how the themes are built, I noticed that there's a line in launchersettings.xml that looked weird:

Code:
<string name="com.mycolorscreen.themer.wallpaper_transistion">slide</string>
Is it really supposed to be 'transistion' and not 'transition'?

Anyway, onto the request again. I'm starting to feel OK with the weather filling the space. I think I have figured out something though: I have all my location things off, so it mught cause a problem for the weather widget. Ideally I'd like it to work so that you have an option to lock your location (just use the one it has now and lock it or type it in) and then it just regularly sends weather data on the same location to the widget. Now it seems to try to fetch your location, then send it to the weather service and that sends the data back to widget. I don't travel much so having a locked location would be a nice thing to have in the widget. Only time the widget has chances of updating the temp is when I go geocaching

Does it even work like that?