5,598,542 Members 45,877 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(SOLVED) ZU heating after 4.3 update

Tip us?

LordManhattan
Old
Thanks Meter 5440
Alright. You should do a full wipe/factory reset. I did that when mine got hot. Not if if that solved it, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Sent from my Z Ultra

I DO NOT RUN A SUPPORT LINE THROUGH PERSONAL MESSAGES,
SO PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT HELP (*COUGH* UNLESS I KNOW YOU *COUGH*).

THANK YOU, AND PLEASE HAVE A COOKIE ON YOUR WAY OUT.

justsomebody
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ij0rgei View Post
ok. so I haven't done anything at all to remedy the situation. I figured I'd ask about it before messing it up myself. I upgraded to .290 via pcc. it updated fine with no errors. once it was done updating, it was hot and battery was diminished. I had seen on another thread that most people had that happened so I didn't see it as an issue, just a side effect of the update process.

I have been checking back to see if anyone was having heating issues with 4.3 after the update and didn't hear about it until I had seen this thread. the OP stated he flashed .290 on his 6802 and is rooted. I am not, so I wasn't sure if the steps he was taking were the same given my 6833 being completely stock.

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app
Hope these help, I had successfully get rid of the heating problem.

Quote:
1/ Do a re-flash: I always thought my device was a c6802, after I flashed c6833, it helped.

2/ Do a factory reset/ Cache wipe/ Dalvik Wipe/ in recovery or in the phone settings.

3/ Install SD-Maid and clean the mess from the programs, also take a look at APPCONTROL to see which is running. You can freeze it here.

4/ Install Performance control to Underclock your CPU. Believe me, 1.7Ghz is far too enough for all the tasks you need.

5/ Use more pwerful tool, like Titanium Backup to stop all the backgound-running apps. You just need to leave the one which were in GREEN color.

ij0rgei
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomebody View Post
Hope these help, I had successfully get rid of the heating problem.
so i wiped the phone clean and reinstalled .290. heating issue is gone, but now my mobile data drops in and out every few minutes. i replaced the settings that i used before that didnt have a problem, and its still dropping. i thought maybe stamina mode is kicking it off so i turned that off, and nope. that didnt help. even though i did fresh install, phone is still running slow.

i love this phone, but after the update to 4.3, its made me want to snap it in half over my head. maybe ill try installing one more time and hopefully itll work.

abuihsan
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
so i wiped the phone clean and reinstalled .290. heating issue is gone, but now my mobile data drops in and out every few minutes. i replaced the settings that i used before that didnt have a problem, and its still dropping. i thought maybe stamina mode is kicking it off so i turned that off, and nope. that didnt help. even though i did fresh install, phone is still running slow.

i love this phone, but after the update to 4.3, its made me want to snap it in half over my head. maybe ill try installing one more time and hopefully itll work.
hi, have you tried flash it with different (region) FTF? for example, previously I used singapore FTF and then replaced with EU, replaced again with singapore FTF as I feel it is better (to me).

if the problem persist maybe we just need to wait the next Sony build 14.2.A.1.114. if yours rooted and BL is unlocked, CM10.2 has great battery live to me (at least until latest Dec nightlies), maybe you can use it for the time being. Yes you will miss the mini app but with exposed installer + xhalofloatingwindow modul + slide launcher it get covered, the only one I missed when using CM10.2 is the mini-app screen capture which allow cropping and editing before it saved. Also I feel the external audio out in call-mode is better/louder than Sony stock.

justsomebody
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

Just go to Mobile Network settings and add new APN to your default one. I manually added one myself on this phone and on my previous Z. apparently it will not configure itself.

ij0rgei
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomebody View Post
Just go to Mobile Network settings and add new APN to your default one. I manually added one myself on this phone and on my previous Z. apparently it will not configure itself.
I did factory restore from the phone. then I opened up update service and restored from there as well just to be sure. no heating issues now. I got mobile data to work by just pressing Internet settings. when I first got my phone, that option didn't work. apparently now it works. I pressed it, it configured for att. now I don't have mobile data issues anymore either. Lol

justsomebody
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
I did factory restore from the phone. then I opened up update service and restored from there as well just to be sure. no heating issues now. I got mobile data to work by just pressing Internet settings. when I first got my phone, that option didn't work. apparently now it works. I pressed it, it configured for att. now I don't have mobile data issues anymore either. Lol

Very funny that the most appropriate solution is to re-flash your phone like ... 12296 times and every problems will be soled, LOL