XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy Grand I9082 China Telecom Gets Super Heated & Draining Battery

Tip us?

zelith
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Plug [Q] Galaxy Grand I9082 China Telecom Gets Super Heated & Draining Battery

Hi, need some technical advise on this issue. Apparently, I have a set of Galaxy Grand from China Unicom. The thing is that it is on stock. I gets heated up super hot whereby I can feel the blistering heat and when plugged in to charger, it just discharges and not charging. The phone is hot with or without charger plugged in. It has never went to water contact before. I am puzzled, I can't flash it to any other firmware as I've read the I9082_CU phones are sort of like firmware locked. The phone will keep on draining battery until it kills itself off. The only way to charge it back is for me to charge the battery with external charger.

If anyone has any insight of this issue, or have a schematic diagram for any jumpers to the mainboard, please share thanks. I suspect something is drawing power or a blown capacitor or resistor that is causing this. Another thing is that whenever I try to activate the wifi and bluetooth , it just says " Turning Wifi On" or "Turning Bluetooth On" it stays for a couple and reverts back to off position. However I noticed even in the off position, the WIFI or Bluetooth icon is dimly lit.

I thank everyone for any insight on this.

Regards

Anand B S
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default phone is getting slower

am also facing the same problem... & now a days am not able to open the google play store, when i open it, my phone hangs & after some times error message wil popup on my screen like "unfortunately google play store stopped", please help me with a solution for this.....

naufalhadyan
Old
Thanks Meter 231
I never knew Grand has a carrier-locked variant... Given its target market in developing countries, not US.
Your best bet is to complain to your carrier and claim your warranty, because it seems like they have done lousy modifications to the phone...
An architecture student and likes anything tech.

Nokia N-Gage QD (2006) --> Nokia 2730 Classic (2010) --> Ivio DE88 (2011) --> Sony Xperia Go ST27i (2012) --> Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 (2013) --> (used) Sony Xperia V LT25i

Rocking Sony Xperia V with latest CM11 nightly.
Secondary device: white iPad 2 64GB, with jailbroken iOS7

zelith
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
The thing is these phone was purchased from China, didn't know it too that they locked the firmware but after reading from a couple of guys here, it seems it's locked. Battery is draining like crazy , 1% every 20-30 secs. I think it could be firmware but maybe it could be hardware as well

naufalhadyan
Old
Thanks Meter 231
This could be a faulty app/firmware---which can be detected by some system monitoring apps on Play Store---a bad kernel or some faulty hardware...
There's no solution for faulty hardware... just dump it if you can't bring it to a service center
Can you root and install a custom ROM on a locked firmware? (sorry I've never used a locked phone before) This could be a fix if it's a faulty app/firmware/kernel.
An architecture student and likes anything tech.

Nokia N-Gage QD (2006) --> Nokia 2730 Classic (2010) --> Ivio DE88 (2011) --> Sony Xperia Go ST27i (2012) --> Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 (2013) --> (used) Sony Xperia V LT25i

Rocking Sony Xperia V with latest CM11 nightly.
Secondary device: white iPad 2 64GB, with jailbroken iOS7
Tags
duos, grand, i9082