Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,692 Members 52,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

RAM Overclock

Tip us?

csfrank271
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Default RAM Overclock

Would it be possible to over clock the RAM on our device? I know it's possible to underclock, we have seen that with the app 'Tegra Overclock' but what about over clocking?

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

Omario-242
Old
(Last edited by Omario-242; 10th January 2014 at 04:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by csfrank271 View Post
Would it be possible to over clock the RAM on our device? I know it's possible to underclock, we have seen that with the app 'Tegra Overclock' but what about over clocking?

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app
Why would you overclock the ram? I see no reason for it as we have 1 GB Ram and that's enough for almost every daily task. This would only make sense for testing purposes I think.

Besides that I never saw anything to overclock the ram (because most of the times the CPU is the real "problem" of lag).

Sent from my LG Optimus 4X HD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
||
|| LG Optimus 4X HD (P880)
|| Android Version 4.4.4 Kitkat
|| Recovery TeamWin Recovery Project 2.7.0.0
|| Kernel Iodak v10 Beta
|| Rom Version Vanir maintained by Laufersteppenwolf

||
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

csfrank271
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omario-242 View Post
Why would you overclock the ram? I see no reason for it as we have 1 GB Ram and that's enough for almost every daily task. This would only make sense for testing purposes I think.

Besides that I never saw anything to overclock the ram (because most of the times the CPU is the real "problem" of lag).

Sent from my LG Optimus 4X HD
To speed up the rate at which the memory is accessed, thus slightly reducing lag, it's more an issue of quality over quantity because, as you put it, 1GB is enough for almost every daily task.
I just think that, for a system which needs to manage memory in such a dynamic fashion, an increased clock speed would be highly beneficial, and if it were only slight, I doubt there would be issues with overheating and battery consumption.

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is to question whether it is possible and how?; not to question the necessity of it.
Thank you anyway for your reply though Omario, much appreciated
The Following User Says Thank You to csfrank271 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]