Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] USB doesn't work with computers, only charging. How to flash ROM?

OP pinmemo

8th January 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

99 posts
More
for some reason Sony Thailand couldn't declassified, been like this since the first day. Going back and forth to service center tons of times and they COULDN'T FIX IT. My dad's Xperia Play won't connect to ANY computer, no bing-bong sound when plugging no nothing, not see anything on the phone except that it's charging, it's like the computers aren't existed, only the power gets through.

Now Sony still not fixing this problem, so for this old phone how can I unlock it and flash ROMs without a connection to PC? By any means.

Thank you!!
8th January 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 549

744 posts
More
Have you tried changing usb cable? Maybe it is broken (mine got broken after a week or so, and it was the original one come with the phone of course), since it's impossible that they sold you a device with damaged micro-usb port.
Or maybe it is the usb port you're connecting it to: some PCs have a lower voltage in front usb ports, so you must connect the Play to the rear ones installed on the motherboard of the PC
9th January 2014, 04:29 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

99 posts
More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by CriGiu

Have you tried changing usb cable? Maybe it is broken (mine got broken after a week or so, and it was the original one come with the phone of course), since it's impossible that they sold you a device with damaged micro-usb port.
Or maybe it is the usb port you're connecting it to: some PCs have a lower voltage in front usb ports, so you must connect the Play to the rear ones installed on the motherboard of the PC

I think they sold my dad a faulty device and when he tried to claim it after a week they didn't want to replace the phone so they told him they could't fix it. This country's Sony is known to sell faulty devices, my last Xmini was also broken...

and yes I did try other cables, Sammy, LG and some chinese made, nothing works. They did work with my Nokia N8 and S3, however. All the ports in my PC have failed, also.

so I can do nothing, stuck with RAM hungry 2.3 bloated ROM without any solution to make it faster.

9th January 2014, 03:11 PM   |  #4  

744 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinmemo

I think they sold my dad a faulty device and when he tried to claim it after a week they didn't want to replace the phone so they told him they could't fix it. This country's Sony is known to sell faulty devices, my last Xmini was also broken...

and yes I did try other cables, Sammy, LG and some chinese made, nothing works. They did work with my Nokia N8 and S3, however. All the ports in my PC have failed, also.

so I can do nothing, stuck with RAM hungry 2.3 bloated ROM without any solution to make it faster.

So they sold you a faulty device....but have you tried to see if fastboot or adb is working?

Sent from my R800i using xda-developers app.
9th January 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

99 posts
More
Quote:

So they sold you a faulty device....but have you tried to see if fastboot or adb is working?

by turn it off, and connect the device to the USB and press soft 'menu' key? Am I doing this correctly?

if yes then it doesn't work, nothing happens

or that I did it wrong, could you please enlighten me?
9th January 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #6  

744 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinmemo

by turn it off, and connect the device to the USB and press soft 'menu' key? Am I doing this correctly?

if yes then it doesn't work, nothing happens

or that I did it wrong, could you please enlighten me?

You can enter fastboot mode by keeping pressing the search button while connecting the Play to the PC.
If it's into fastboot mode, the led goes blue.

10th January 2014, 11:57 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

99 posts
More
Quote:

You can enter fastboot mode by keeping pressing the search button while connecting the Play to the PC.
If it's into fastboot mode, the led goes blue.

jesus chirst I was always misunderstanding the whole time my device is Xperia RAY!!! dam!

can someone move this thread *embarrassed

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
damgaged., not work, play, usb, xperia
Previous Thread Next Thread