5,594,221 Members 45,735 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] USB doesn't work with computers, only charging. How to flash ROM?

Tip us?

pinmemo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Exclamation [Q] USB doesn't work with computers, only charging. How to flash ROM?

for some reason Sony Thailand couldn't declassified, been like this since the first day. Going back and forth to service center tons of times and they COULDN'T FIX IT. My dad's Xperia Play won't connect to ANY computer, no bing-bong sound when plugging no nothing, not see anything on the phone except that it's charging, it's like the computers aren't existed, only the power gets through.

Now Sony still not fixing this problem, so for this old phone how can I unlock it and flash ROMs without a connection to PC? By any means.

Thank you!!
if you think my post is useful, please thanks and stuff !

GT-i9300T CM 10.1
ACER PICASSO ICS 4.0.4-RE-FLEXxx

CriGiu
Old
Thanks Meter 528
Have you tried changing usb cable? Maybe it is broken (mine got broken after a week or so, and it was the original one come with the phone of course), since it's impossible that they sold you a device with damaged micro-usb port.
Or maybe it is the usb port you're connecting it to: some PCs have a lower voltage in front usb ports, so you must connect the Play to the rear ones installed on the motherboard of the PC

pinmemo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CriGiu View Post
Have you tried changing usb cable? Maybe it is broken (mine got broken after a week or so, and it was the original one come with the phone of course), since it's impossible that they sold you a device with damaged micro-usb port.
Or maybe it is the usb port you're connecting it to: some PCs have a lower voltage in front usb ports, so you must connect the Play to the rear ones installed on the motherboard of the PC
I think they sold my dad a faulty device and when he tried to claim it after a week they didn't want to replace the phone so they told him they could't fix it. This country's Sony is known to sell faulty devices, my last Xmini was also broken...

and yes I did try other cables, Sammy, LG and some chinese made, nothing works. They did work with my Nokia N8 and S3, however. All the ports in my PC have failed, also.

so I can do nothing, stuck with RAM hungry 2.3 bloated ROM without any solution to make it faster.

GT-i9300T CM 10.1

CriGiu
Old
Thanks Meter 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinmemo View Post
I think they sold my dad a faulty device and when he tried to claim it after a week they didn't want to replace the phone so they told him they could't fix it. This country's Sony is known to sell faulty devices, my last Xmini was also broken...

and yes I did try other cables, Sammy, LG and some chinese made, nothing works. They did work with my Nokia N8 and S3, however. All the ports in my PC have failed, also.

so I can do nothing, stuck with RAM hungry 2.3 bloated ROM without any solution to make it faster.

So they sold you a faulty device....but have you tried to see if fastboot or adb is working?

Sent from my R800i using xda-developers app.

pinmemo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
So they sold you a faulty device....but have you tried to see if fastboot or adb is working?

by turn it off, and connect the device to the USB and press soft 'menu' key? Am I doing this correctly?

if yes then it doesn't work, nothing happens

or that I did it wrong, could you please enlighten me?

GT-i9300T CM 10.1

CriGiu
Old
Thanks Meter 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinmemo View Post
by turn it off, and connect the device to the USB and press soft 'menu' key? Am I doing this correctly?

if yes then it doesn't work, nothing happens

or that I did it wrong, could you please enlighten me?
You can enter fastboot mode by keeping pressing the search button while connecting the Play to the PC.
If it's into fastboot mode, the led goes blue.

pinmemo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
You can enter fastboot mode by keeping pressing the search button while connecting the Play to the PC.
If it's into fastboot mode, the led goes blue.

jesus chirst I was always misunderstanding the whole time my device is Xperia RAY!!! dam!

can someone move this thread *embarrassed

GT-i9300T CM 10.1

Tags
damgaged., not work, play, usb, xperia