5,600,919 Members 42,716 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone use Skype?

Tip us?
 
Aadilnz
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Posts: 220
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Queensland
Default Anyone use Skype?

Does anyone successfully use Skype on this phone?

If so could you please list

1. Android version and ROM
2. Kernel
3. Skype version


I get crashes when the other user answers the phone on

1. Mackay Rom Kitkat
2. Mackay Kernel
3. Skype 4.5.0

Tried an older version (3.2) and the calls connected but the quality was horrible to the extent where nothing could be understood properly (not network issues as Viber worked perfectly, as did Skype on my nexus 5)
 
xsenman
Old
#2  
xsenman's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2137
Posts: 3,920
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadilnz View Post
Tried an older version (3.2) and the calls connected but the quality was horrible to the extent where nothing could be understood properly (not network issues as Viber worked perfectly, as did Skype on my nexus 5)
Could be due to lack of memory, try testing on today's release of new Mackay ROM and kernel with more memory. If it fails you should attach log-cat and post in Makay ROM, thread as bug report . you can try other apps like hangout to check too .

Also look at FAQ here [FAQ][Discussion][Reviews] Kit Kat 4.4 / CM 11 for Galaxy S & S Plus [i9000][i9001]

The Following User Says Thank You to xsenman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Aadilnz
Old
(Last edited by Aadilnz; 11th January 2014 at 04:06 AM.)
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Posts: 220
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Queensland
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenman View Post
Could be due to lack of memory, try testing on today's release of new Mackay ROM and kernel with more memory. If it fails you should attach log-cat and post in Makay ROM, thread as bug report . you can try other apps like hangout to check too .

Also look at FAQ here [FAQ][Discussion][Reviews] Kit Kat 4.4 / CM 11 for Galaxy S & S Plus [i9000][i9001]

No luck unfortunately, do you use skype yourself?

The FC only happens when making calls, I can answer calls fine.

Viber and hangouts work fine
 
vmatias
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Feb 2012
Hi, I'm using cyanAOSP ROM 4.4 by ts1506, and my skype is working fine.
 
Aadilnz
Old
(Last edited by Aadilnz; 18th January 2014 at 09:19 AM.)
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Posts: 220
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Queensland
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmatias View Post
Hi, I'm using cyanAOSP ROM 4.4 by ts1506, and my skype is working fine.

Thanks, I just flashed cyanAOSP and it now, for most of the time. It still occasionally closes.

Here's a video showing what happens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2SdM...ature=youtu.be
 
Cyrd
Old
#6  
Cyrd's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 30
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Palermo
Hi, I'm also using CyanAOSP 4.4. Ver. 2.8 with the latest gear kernel 1.1.2s. I occasionally get the fc but most of the time the call connects and I don't get any more problems. So you could also try this combo and tell me how it went.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

TasGear: A Tasker Extension for the Samsung Galaxy Gear

With wearable technology taking center stage this year, one can only expect more … more

Intelligently Place Contacts on Your Home Screen with CallWho Widget

There are plenty of ways to get your contacts to show up on your … more

Control TWRP from within Android with TWRP Coordinator

You may recall that back when TWRP2 introduced a couple of years ago, it brought with … more