5,594,805 Members 37,053 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

!!galaxy camera announced by samsung!!

Tip us?

android.zealot.fervor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1254
Angry !!galaxy camera announced by samsung!!

Samsung*has announced the Galaxy Camera 2, the second iteration of its Android-powered dedicated point and shoot camera. The new camera has a new design that makes use of Samsung’s faux-leather material that we’ve seen on the Galaxy Note 3; it sports the same 16-megapixel camera with 1/2.33-inch sensor size, Xenon flash, and 21x optical zoom as the original, but comes with a new image processing system that Samsung says can deliver better pictures than before.

Samsung has also made a few additions on the software side, namely new shooting modes that bring the total up to 28. As was the case on the original Galaxy Camera, professional photographers will be able to fine tune settings such as ISO values et al. A few specs have been upgraded – the Galaxy Camera 2 sports a 1.6GHz quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM, 8GB of storage and a microSD slot, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and NFC connectivity, a 2000 mAh*battery that can capture up to 350 photos on a single charge, and Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, though users will still be viewing photos on a 4.8-inch 720p display as they did with the original.

The Galaxy Camera 2 will be on display at CES next week, where we’ll also find out info on pricing and availability. With little to no upgrades on the thing that matters most, i.e. the camera unit, it remains to be seen how much of an improvement the Galaxy Camera 2 offers in terms of image quality – hopefully it’s a considerable one, as the original was just a tad above average for a camera that cost $499.

SOURCE:SAMMOBILE.COM
THE BEST NATURE INSPIRED WEATHER CLOCK FOR Y0UR DEVICE

android.zealot.fervor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1254
Another Day Another Samsung Product
THE BEST NATURE INSPIRED WEATHER CLOCK FOR Y0UR DEVICE

nielsvg
Old
Thanks Meter 8
pff when will we get android 4.3 or 4.4?

Ultimate Chicken
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Oh crap, this is indication that they're going to EOL the original camera.

Our only hope is that someone manages to port the ROM, seeing that the only things that changed: +200mhz proc, battery and NFC. (I trust Sammy is going to pull the userspace thing again and new buyers will find they have 4GB actual).
Move "sig". For great justice.

==Currently Using:==
Galaxy S2 i9100 OmniRom Nightly 0106 / Dorimanx 10.43v60 beta
Galaxy Camera EK-110 (stock rooted) (It only ever came with 4.1.2 so.)
Ouya (stock rooted) (it only ever came with 4.1.2 so.)

==Formerly Using:==
Liquid Community ROM 1.4 (Acer Liquid)
O2 XDA Atom WM6.1 Kuruma Final
HTC Touch Elf Opal Ultimate 3.2.1
LG KS20 Kiss20.4

Fallen_Knight
Old
Thanks Meter 109
oh another let down...crappy sammy does it again
CURRENT PROJECT: Nokia X ported to Flare

Device: SAMSUNG GALAXY MINI II [JENA]
Rom: CM 11 jenaD [latest nightly build]
Device: CM Flare S100
Rom: Nokia X 10.0.0.3 port
Device: SAMSUNG GALAXY CAMERA [GC100]
Rom: Stock JB 4.1.1

apprentice
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsvg View Post
pff when will we get android 4.3 or 4.4?
It does pretty much feel that Samsung has completely abandoned development on the original camera. Only a minor software update last year and no Android updates. Pretty poor way to reward early adopters.
XDA member since 2005 (the days when I loved my O2 XDA II)

My 'most recent' owned devices:

Asus TF101 Transformer, HTC EVO 3D, Sony Xperia Play, Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy S III, Samsung Galaxy Note II, Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, ASUS Padfone 2
HTC One
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy Camera (Current daily camera)
Nexus 7 (2013)
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (Current daily tablet)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear (Current daily phone)

SausPud
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I bought my Samsung Galaxy Camera for the features it has, not what it might have a year down the line or what updates it might get.

It does the job I want it to do and that's take pictures and access everything my S3 does so I'm not taking two devices on holiday. Very happy with the product.
Just wish the people whining that there is no updates or new software for their camera, root it or maybe you shouldn't have bought the camera if all you wanted was updates.

I have the original Samsung Galaxy Tab and it's only on ICS dual core spec. Still does everything the new tabs do but I have no need to change as I didn't buy it for what the future might do.
Horses for Courses

Ultimate Chicken
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by SausPud View Post
I bought my Samsung Galaxy Camera for the features it has, not what it might have a year down the line or what updates it might get.

It does the job I want it to do and that's take pictures and access everything my S3 does so I'm not taking two devices on holiday. Very happy with the product.
Just wish the people whining that there is no updates or new software for their camera, root it or maybe you shouldn't have bought the camera if all you wanted was updates.

I have the original Samsung Galaxy Tab and it's only on ICS dual core spec. Still does everything the new tabs do but I have no need to change as I didn't buy it for what the future might do.
Horses for Courses
You'd probably not be saying the same thing if your camera is stuck in version 2.3.6. (Like the Galaxy Camera's competing products :3)

Lucky the default 4.1.x is the one with the UI improvements eh, still, anything that does the job is great, but anything that can be improved without the need to rebuy hardware is all the more awesome and less wasteful. See: Galaxy S2.

Frankly the only change I want is the improved camera apps from the ZOOM and NX - and what I REALLY want is RAW. I had RAW on my old Canon S2IS by way of CHDK. That was awesome, no software processing on the final image so you know just how good your hardware actually is. The hardware on this thing is capable of it, mores the pity because JPEG loses a lot of definition.
Move "sig". For great justice.

==Currently Using:==
Galaxy S2 i9100 OmniRom Nightly 0106 / Dorimanx 10.43v60 beta
Galaxy Camera EK-110 (stock rooted) (It only ever came with 4.1.2 so.)
Ouya (stock rooted) (it only ever came with 4.1.2 so.)

==Formerly Using:==
Liquid Community ROM 1.4 (Acer Liquid)
O2 XDA Atom WM6.1 Kuruma Final
HTC Touch Elf Opal Ultimate 3.2.1
LG KS20 Kiss20.4