Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,255 Members 53,422 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cache and Data mount issues

Tip us?

DSpartox
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Cache and Data mount issues

So I've been using various JB ROM's on my Defy for the past couple of years, but this time I made the mistake of using the factory reset within the stock recovery. I found a thread that mentioned using the "ultimate wipe" for defy and then reflashing my ROM of choice would fix issue, but when I use the wipe the custom recovery still tells me it is unable to mount /cache or /data on my phone.

My phones internal storage is also showing as 0, so I am unable to install any apps etc.

I'm completely stumped right now, so any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I'll provide any further information I can if its needed, thanks in advance (:

hotdog125
Old
Thanks Meter 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpartox View Post
So I've been using various JB ROM's on my Defy for the past couple of years, but this time I made the mistake of using the factory reset within the stock recovery. I found a thread that mentioned using the "ultimate wipe" for defy and then reflashing my ROM of choice would fix issue, but when I use the wipe the custom recovery still tells me it is unable to mount /cache or /data on my phone.

My phones internal storage is also showing as 0, so I am unable to install any apps etc.

I'm completely stumped right now, so any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I'll provide any further information I can if its needed, thanks in advance (:
I think you need to start over from SBF.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
If you need help, please post in the Q&A section of the appropriate forum. Search before asking

Defy+ MB526

Antiga Prime
Old
Thanks Meter 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpartox View Post

Your partitions might have a problem and the wipe script doesn't format them, it just deletes their contents. In the bootmenu you can format your /data and /cache partitions (ext4); if that doesn't work, then yes, gotta start over from SBF.
MB525 - Bayer Camera - Slim-mb526-4.4.2.beta.2.4-UNOFFICIAL-20140120-1830
Sony Xperia TX LT29i - CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL_Hayabusa_build7

DSpartox
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiga Prime View Post
Your partitions might have a problem and the wipe script doesn't format them, it just deletes their contents. In the bootmenu you can format your /data and /cache partitions (ext4); if that doesn't work, then yes, gotta start over from SBF.
Thank you heaps for the help. I just decided to go ahead and reflash SBF. That all went fine, RSDlite gave a pass. I then went into the stock recovery in order to do the factory reset again before I root, and Data now formats, but Cache throws up the error "E:Can't mount CACHE:recovery/log".

The actual phone seems to work fine if I boot it up, but that error just makes me wonder as I'm not sure how much of a problem it really is