Post Reply

[Request] Build from the source GUIDE

6th January 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #1  
Ghand0ur's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 46
 
223 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Hello there guys,
As we all know we only have 3? 4? developers for the HOX+ . And they are really doing all they can to help keep the phone upto date.
But as we all know they are all busy and can't update their roms that much any longer.

EDIT: Lloir already has a guide : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2187266 but I don't think he covers how to fix camera and gps and stuff

So! Is it possible to make guide on how to compile the rom from the source? I know tombridden and lloir already made a one post guide on how to build some roms but it was too specific.

I now have an extra machine (a laptop) with 500gb free storage and ubuntu as the main OS. It's quite powerful too with 6gb RAM and i7. So Why not use it to help the community while others are busy? In the meantime I will look around for some guides for other phones but I don't think they will help that much.

And please include the answers to those questions if you make a guide:
1- What to do to fix camera/GPS/wifi/Data/sensors ?
2- What approach should I take when compiling a new ROM. For example: there are no developers for PACMAN , how will it differ during compiling between it and AOKP/CM/AOSP .

I am talking about a rom that wasn't approached by Lloir so he won't have the repos for them. What to do then?

Thanks a lot and I can't wait to help

@Lloir @tombriden @PippoX3 @mike1986. and any other developer out there.
Last edited by Ghand0ur; 6th January 2014 at 08:03 PM.
7th January 2014, 10:48 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag NH
Thanks Meter: 141
 
376 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
you can start by looking at XDA-University
The Following User Says Thank You to TheJokah For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2014, 03:53 PM   |  #3  
PippoX3's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag TN - Italy
Thanks Meter: 1,520
 
914 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
More
Wink
The reply is correct. All of us moved first steps studying at XDA University.
Anyway the case is more complex than others.
For this device there are really few developers. Other device have a lot of support from constructors, many dev and the team-work result in a lot of kernels/roms to flash for the final user.
If you wanna taste the happyness for build a rom, I'll send you a guide to setup your ubuntu, download the sources and build.
But in this case, where enrc2b is not officially support, the things are more difficult.
You must have a minimal practical with java, cpp, android and kernel code (if so).
For the moment I'm in trouble to build an AOKP 4.2.2 with new kernel. I haven't device to try, 'cause the hard is build&&try continuosly.
Not the fact to have a pc turned on for hours and hours.... and the eyes&&mind open for hours and hours... but the patience to continuously try time after time.
Now I am in a dead point... many users like have S2W enable on new CM kernel... but.... the kernel won't!
Thanks a lot anyway. Thanks to @Lloir, @tombriden, @maxwen and alls who's workin' for this device.
Stay tuned....
The Following User Says Thank You to PippoX3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th January 2014, 11:03 AM   |  #4  
Ghand0ur's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 46
 
223 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippoX3

The reply is correct. All of us moved first steps studying at XDA University.
Anyway the case is more complex than others.
For this device there are really few developers. Other device have a lot of support from constructors, many dev and the team-work result in a lot of kernels/roms to flash for the final user.
If you wanna taste the happyness for build a rom, I'll send you a guide to setup your ubuntu, download the sources and build.
But in this case, where enrc2b is not officially support, the things are more difficult.
You must have a minimal practical with java, cpp, android and kernel code (if so).
For the moment I'm in trouble to build an AOKP 4.2.2 with new kernel. I haven't device to try, 'cause the hard is build&&try continuosly.
Not the fact to have a pc turned on for hours and hours.... and the eyes&&mind open for hours and hours... but the patience to continuously try time after time.
Now I am in a dead point... many users like have S2W enable on new CM kernel... but.... the kernel won't!
Thanks a lot anyway. Thanks to @Lloir, @tombriden, @maxwen and alls who's workin' for this device.
Stay tuned....

That's what i did already. I set up the periphals/kernel/device info GITs and now i am looking for the roms, I found CM and stuff but I can't find PURE AOSP , does that mean i must download it and upload it?
I also have Oracle java installed. Do I have to have open JDK?
10th January 2014, 11:20 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Swansea
Thanks Meter: 6,739
 
5,268 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghand0ur

That's what i did already. I set up the periphals/kernel/device info GITs and now i am looking for the roms, I found CM and stuff but I can't find PURE AOSP , does that mean i must download it and upload it?
I also have Oracle java installed. Do I have to have open JDK?

https://github.com/pure-aosp/android
10th January 2014, 11:37 AM   |  #6  
PippoX3's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag TN - Italy
Thanks Meter: 1,520
 
914 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloir

https://github.com/pure-aosp/android

Now that we begin to have a solid CM base, will possible to build at least CM for enrc2b for noobs too.
And eventually "port" device/kernel" parts to others platforms. So who like e.g. PA can do...
If you agree, I can paste my personal appoints to a guide, from client setup (Sun java don't works) to the build zip rom.
Updated and corrected to last KK.
10th January 2014, 11:38 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Swansea
Thanks Meter: 6,739
 
5,268 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippoX3

Now that we begin to have a solid CM base, will possible to build at least CM for enrc2b for noobs too.
And eventually "port" device/kernel" parts to others platforms. So who like e.g. PA can do...
If you agree, I can paste my personal appoints to a guide, from client setup (Sun java don't works) updated and corrected to last KK.

Go for it. Saves me doing it which I was about to do

Sent from my One X+ using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes