Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 38,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery dained while device turned off

Tip us?

vick33
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Default Battery dained while device turned off

I got a moto G it was charge to 100% played with it a little then completely shut down the device. Next day when i tryed to turn the device on, the battery was completely dead. Had to connect the charger for like 10 min before it powered on. Any ideas what can be the cause? Maybe the device does not shut down properly and freeze into the shutdown process with the screen turned off? Anyone else experienced the same?

scott_doyland
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by vick33 View Post
I got a moto G it was charge to 100% played with it a little then completely shut down the device. Next day when i tryed to turn the device on, the battery was completely dead. Had to connect the charger for like 10 min before it powered on. Any ideas what can be the cause? Maybe the device does not shut down properly and freeze into the shutdown process with the screen turned off? Anyone else experienced the same?
I'm pretty sure there are other posts with the same issue. Did you search Google or XDA before posting.

vick33
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_doyland View Post
I'm pretty sure there are other posts with the same issue. Did you search Google or XDA before posting.
I did but i did not found anything closely related to this. If you found or seen anything and can link it i would be realy glad

scott_doyland
Old
(Last edited by scott_doyland; 10th January 2014 at 10:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by vick33 View Post
I did but i did not found anything closely related to this. If you found or seen anything and can link it i would be realy glad
See here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2599421

Not exactly your issue but the best place to post I think as its all about battery issues. There may be something in there that helps.

It is similar to your issue but I realise you had switched off the phone and it still dropped battery to zero, but I would think the above post is related.

If the issue is hardware related I guess the battery could probably 'drop' its charge, or at least report the charge was dropped, even if the phone was off, ie battery goes 'wrong' while phone is off so phone can't power on properly.

vick33
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
It is similar yes, but yet diffetent will keep an eye on the thread and see if the problem happens again