[Q] Android Prison

Tip us?

humanrightsdefender
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Lightbulb [Q] Android Prison

Hello!

I have Acer A3-A10 device and I deleted some system app because I think Google is prison. Now I clearly see this is true. Without any Google app in the system folder Android is just trash. So why anybody is talking about Open Source if the system really depend on Google. Now my device totally crashed I mean many applications force close when I open. I have no right to clean my tablet from Google? I feel I am in prison. Somebody please tell me what is the minimum system application list on Android 4.2.2.

Thanks!

aureljared
Old
Thanks Meter 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanrightsdefender View Post
Hello!

I have Acer A3-A10 device and I deleted some system app because I think Google is prison. Now I clearly see this is true. Without any Google app in the system folder Android is just trash. So why anybody is talking about Open Source if the system really depend on Google. Now my device totally crashed I mean many applications force close when I open. I have no right to clean my tablet from Google? I feel I am in prison. Somebody please tell me what is the minimum system application list on Android 4.2.2.

Thanks!
???
First of all, Android is open source because its source code literally is open to everybody - anyone can download it, modify it, and even create a device that runs it.

There's a saying: "Android's source code is nicer than most liquor stores; it is open 24 hours a day."
The vanilla Android code is at Google's Git, while CyanogenMod and other Android custom ROMs have their source code at GitHub.

Okay, what apps have you deleted?
The list of important apps depends on the software, but generally anything that starts with "com." isn't safe to delete.
If you're on stock Acer software, it's also unsafe to delete anything Acer, Google Play, and Google Services.

I also wish to tell you that if you wish to remove traces of Google from your OS, I'd recommend just flashing a custom ROM and opting to not install the GApps package.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk
If I helped you in any way, just hit the Thanks button!

---------------------------------------
Devices
Nokia 3310 > Nokia 5530 XpressMusic (custom 40.0.003) > Motorola Backflip (CM 7.2) > Samsung Galaxy Express GT-I8730 (cm-10.1 by @szezso)
---------------------------------------
General Development Thread CM Building Tutorial
Project CyanogenMod: GT-I8730 AOSP Status Bar Icons + 1% Increment Battery MOD