Ask a question

No registration required

Proximity Issues

OP Crossoverdoc

10th January 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35

176 posts
I believe my proximity sensor is broken. I cannot use the screen during a call, it stays black the entire time regardless of what buttons I press. After a call ends the screen will stay black and I have to battery pull to turn the screen back on. How can I disable this sensor??

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
10th January 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

64 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossoverdoc

I believe my proximity sensor is broken. I cannot use the screen during a call, it stays black the entire time regardless of what buttons I press. After a call ends the screen will stay black and I have to battery pull to turn the screen back on. How can I disable this sensor??

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

All you have to do is get a can of compressed air and blow into the earpiece to get dust out of the sensor every time this happens. It seems to be a relatively common problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to mateopase For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2014, 03:16 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 187

953 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateopase

All you have to do is get a can of compressed air and blow into the earpiece to get dust out of the sensor every time this happens. It seems to be a relatively common problem.

I thought mine was broken too until I did this. Sprayed air in the ear piece for about 5 seconds and now it works again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread