Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 48,829 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Hiding the persistent notifations?

Tip us?

Kocayine
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 152
Default [Q] Hiding the persistent notifations?

So, we all know that some apps that are meant to always be running have this feature to place a constant notifcation in the statusbar which keeps the app from being killed off by Android... and now we got, in Jellybean, the possibility to hide notifcations from any app. If I do this with an app that has this enhanced priority notification running, will the app still remain "protected" from being killed? Or will the hiding of this notification result in the app being reduced back to its "regular" state?

Just wondering

Thanks,
Please quote my posts if you are replying to one of my posts, that way I'll get notified.

hnkotnis
Old
Thanks Meter 431
Location: Sangli, Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group,Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocayine View Post
So, we all know that some apps that are meant to always be running have this feature to place a constant notifcation in the statusbar which keeps the app from being killed off by Android... and now we got, in Jellybean, the possibility to hide notifcations from any app. If I do this with an app that has this enhanced priority notification running, will the app still remain "protected" from being killed? Or will the hiding of this notification result in the app being reduced back to its "regular" state?

Just wondering

Thanks,
Hiding will keep it protected. I tried it on CM10 JB. Installed Proximity Action, hide notification, then tried killing it with many task killers. But it wasn't killed.

This means even after hiding it is protected.

Sent from my GT-S5360 Gadget of Mass Destruction using xda-app
Using CWM........Busybox Commands........No I use my hands
The Following User Says Thank You to hnkotnis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kocayine
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnkotnis View Post
Hiding will keep it protected. I tried it on CM10 JB. Installed Proximity Action, hide notification, then tried killing it with many task killers. But it wasn't killed.

This means even after hiding it is protected.

Sent from my GT-S5360 Gadget of Mass Destruction using xda-app
Using CWM........Busybox Commands........No I use my hands
Good way to test! Thanks for the answer
Please quote my posts if you are replying to one of my posts, that way I'll get notified.

hnkotnis
Old
Thanks Meter 431
Location: Sangli, Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group,Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocayine View Post
Good way to test! Thanks for the answer
No problem! Glad that I could help you.