Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,782 Members 38,239 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

U.S. SM-P605 Finally!!!

Tip us?

Russbad
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default U.S. SM-P605 Finally!!!

http://www.sammobile.com/2014/01/10/...isits-the-fcc/

I have been waiting for the U.S. to get the LTE version of this tablet and it looks like the wait is almost over. I still prefer a GSM version, from T-Mobile or AT&T. Carriers have been known to modify devices, so I am hoping they added USB 3.0 and changed the button layout similar to the Pro series with Kit Kat. That's wishful thinking but the reality is all we may get is a locked bootloader and Verizon logos!

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russbad View Post
http://www.sammobile.com/2014/01/10/...isits-the-fcc/

I have been waiting for the U.S. to get the LTE version of this tablet and it looks like the wait is almost over. I still prefer a GSM version, from T-Mobile or AT&T. Carriers have been known to modify devices, so I am hoping they added USB 3.0 and changed the button layout similar to the Pro series with Kit Kat. That's wishful thinking but the reality is all we may get is a locked bootloader and Verizon logos!
It's a P-605 so it'll be just like all the other P-605's. With the N3, all the U.S. carrier versions had the same h/w (except specific radios) and feature sets. Except of course what each carrier added and took away via s/w modifications. The "V" appended to the model number means VZW's N10.1-14 will probably follow suit. I don't know if you care, but all the U.S. carriers disable MMS and the dialer on their 3/4G tablets because they don't want them used as phones.

Russbad
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Not too concerned about SMS and call features, LTE frequency compatibility to make use of data is my main concern about not getting the non-U.S. version. I think it was AT&T who made hardware variation to the LG G2 buttons, so maybe useful mods can be made for the P605.