Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,110 Members 39,832 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root?

Tip us?
 
ryan9316
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 73
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default [Q] Root?

Gentlemen,

I am looking for a method to root my phone. I don't care about tripping the Knox counters. The CF-autoroot method doesn't list the 900A and the "root de la vega" method seems unreliable for 900A. Has anyone rooted recently (MJ5) and if so what method did you choose?

-Thanks
 
Solarenemy68
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 105
Posts: 684
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dallas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan9316 View Post
Gentlemen,

I am looking for a method to root my phone. I don't care about tripping the Knox counters. The CF-autoroot method doesn't list the 900A and the "root de la vega" method seems unreliable for 900A. Has anyone rooted recently (MJ5) and if so what method did you choose?

-Thanks
Kingo Root works fine on MJ5, just Google it. The hype about it's questionable activity is just that, hype. Many have used it with no issues and even if the do send your IEMI over seas there is nothing that can be done with it. Also such actions would land them in court now since their own user agreement states they send no data from your PC or phone.
 
Abostley
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 49
Join Date: May 2013
I did the same as you I was real hesitate about rooting this phone. But I finally rooted using kingo, so freaking easy and have had zero issues

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
billaboy25
Old
#4  
billaboy25's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 37
Join Date: Sep 2013
Root De La Vega is the way to go. Quick and painless… I'm on N900A but on MI9.
 
b k w
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 43
Join Date: Apr 2012
so you guys tripped the knox without issues?

my only concern is that i'm on AT&T's silly Next program and worried what they'll do when I trade it in at the end of 12 months.
 
ryaske
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 224
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by b k w View Post
so you guys tripped the knox without issues?

my only concern is that i'm on AT&T's silly Next program and worried what they'll do when I trade it in at the end of 12 months.
You can try Kingo but for me it doesnt work because of Knox blocking it.

I followed all instructions and still get the error "prevention notification" "an app is force closed because of an unauthorized attempt to access system" comes up every time I try to (unsuccessfully) use kingo to root.

Kingo itself fails with "Root FAILED ScriptError"

at&t note 3 SM-N900A
My baseband is N900AUCUB MJ5
kernel 3.4.0-1625098

developer settings:
- usb debugging ON
- verify apps via usb OFF
security settings:
- unknown sources ON
- verify apps OFF

Any ideas appreciated.......... I personally DO NOT want to flip the knox trigger, and haven't yet (I did try activeroot too), but I cannot seem to root it no matter what I try. I want to root so I can freeze knox but it seems knox is preventing me from rooting it.

I definitely dont want to try flashing anything..
 
Solarenemy68
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 105
Posts: 684
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dallas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryaske View Post
You can try Kingo but for me it doesnt work because of Knox blocking it.

I followed all instructions and still get the error "prevention notification" "an app is force closed because of an unauthorized attempt to access system" comes up every time I try to (unsuccessfully) use kingo to root.

Kingo itself fails with "Root FAILED ScriptError"

at&t note 3 SM-N900A
My baseband is N900AUCUB MJ5
kernel 3.4.0-1625098

developer settings:
- usb debugging ON
- verify apps via usb OFF
security settings:
- unknown sources ON
- verify apps OFF

Any ideas appreciated.......... I personally DO NOT want to flip the knox trigger, and haven't yet (I did try activeroot too), but I cannot seem to root it no matter what I try. I want to root so I can freeze knox but it seems knox is preventing me from rooting it.

I definitely dont want to try flashing anything..
If you use Kingo trading is no issue. Just go into Super User and tap UNROOT and your device will be returned to stock.

As for the error you are getting with Prevention Notification, it is caused by Outlook Security which is installed stock on the AT&T phones. Disable it as it also gives warnings about stock apps which means it is useless. Once you disable it, set your screen timeout for ten minutes so you can see and answer yes/ok for the two questions that will come up on your phone. I used Kingo on MJ5 and had no problems doing it. A rootcheck confirmed I am rooted.
 
Paulita1
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 115
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan9316 View Post
Gentlemen,

I am looking for a method to root my phone. I don't care about tripping the Knox counters. The CF-autoroot method doesn't list the 900A and the "root de la vega" method seems unreliable for 900A. Has anyone rooted recently (MJ5) and if so what method did you choose?

-Thanks
Hi,
TL;DR - kingo http://www.kingoapp.com/ is now safe and OK to use. Even works on new updated firmware At&t pushed out. Lot of people now trust this method and It is one of the only ways to root right now. This method is so much faster and works perfectly. Confirmed and working great on AT&T Note 3.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Increase Your Multitasking Workflow with C-Floating Windows

Technology has put life on the fast track. Lazy, relaxed days have turned into … more

Compile Your Own Kernel From Source with Comprehensive Tutorial

One glance at any developer section of any device forum on XDA and youll find … more

WowWee Mip – Android Accessory Review – XDA Developer TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about … more

Stream Your Media Files with the New Version of Droid Sync Manager

Android is a Linux-based operating system, but this fact doesn’t put … more