Anyone use the Pebble watch with their GS4?

OP tu3218

8th January 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 270

2,610 posts
I really want to buy this watch but I've heard about compatibility issues, such as disabling samsung features. I've read about the note 3 being the same and you just being able to re enable these features. Though I'm not sure if it's the same with the S4. Anyone use these two devices together or know if they work?
10th January 2014, 09:32 AM   |  #2  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 490

715 posts
Donate to Me
More
Don't have one personally but I have a friend that uses his Pebble on his note 3 without issues

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
10th January 2014, 02:12 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

29 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tu3218

I really want to buy this watch but I've heard about compatibility issues, such as disabling samsung features. I've read about the note 3 being the same and you just being able to re enable these features. Though I'm not sure if it's the same with the S4. Anyone use these two devices together or know if they work?

I have had a pebble for a couple months already, and I love it, S4 battery life is not affected (or at least noticeably) but if you decided to add Glance or any app that uses pebblehtt to get weather info it will diminish your battery life as it refreshes the data every 5 minutes.
Other than that the things that you can do with it are awesome
10th January 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 15

42 posts
I use my Pebble with the S4 running CM. Haven't noticed that big of an affect on battery life from the Pebble alone, but Glance certainly does lower battery life a fair bit on both ends. But you suck it up because Glance is amazing.

Sent from my Unicorn'd S4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread