Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,846 Members 39,843 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone use the Pebble watch with their GS4?

Tip us?

tu3218
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 253
Default Anyone use the Pebble watch with their GS4?

I really want to buy this watch but I've heard about compatibility issues, such as disabling samsung features. I've read about the note 3 being the same and you just being able to re enable these features. Though I'm not sure if it's the same with the S4. Anyone use these two devices together or know if they work?

CovXX
Old
Thanks Meter 485

DONATE TO ME
Don't have one personally but I have a friend that uses his Pebble on his note 3 without issues

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Super Charged Wiz | My Devices:

HTC M8 S-OFF & ROOT (soon) - Galaxy S4 Unlocked and rooted - Galaxy Note 3 rooted and safestrap - HTC DNA

melog69
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tu3218 View Post
I really want to buy this watch but I've heard about compatibility issues, such as disabling samsung features. I've read about the note 3 being the same and you just being able to re enable these features. Though I'm not sure if it's the same with the S4. Anyone use these two devices together or know if they work?
I have had a pebble for a couple months already, and I love it, S4 battery life is not affected (or at least noticeably) but if you decided to add Glance or any app that uses pebblehtt to get weather info it will diminish your battery life as it refreshes the data every 5 minutes.
Other than that the things that you can do with it are awesome

SinfulRoad
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I use my Pebble with the S4 running CM. Haven't noticed that big of an affect on battery life from the Pebble alone, but Glance certainly does lower battery life a fair bit on both ends. But you suck it up because Glance is amazing.

Sent from my Unicorn'd S4