Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,558 Members 45,656 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Droid MAXX on T-Mobile?

Tip us?

arcanexvi
Old
Thanks Meter 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlcano57 View Post
Cant speak for everyone else, but for me:

1. For my first phone on 4.4 LTE was on the screen and active (blue colored) and your LTE data will work and have LTE speed, but when you try and make a phone call, send a text/receive a text or any other general phone function it will fail, unless you manually in the settings shut off LTE. When your done with the call or the text, etc youll have to turn LTE back on to have LTE.

You must change the settings as this thread describes http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2591954
This will allow you to run HSPA+ until they release an update which will fix the LTE glitch for other 1700 bands. Not sure when this will be since, they are still working on the update to 4.4 for those who werent lucky enough to receive the update, or unlucky enough for the update to harm they're phone.

2. On 4.2 I put in my sim, showed LTE active (blue colored), I tried to use data but it said "no internet connection", when i tried a phone call it had no problems switching from LTE to the lower band then back to LTE, but for some reason LTE just didnt work for me.
I just retried all the settings in the thread I just linked, and had the same result as 4.4 with no problems as of yet.

If I get a little more time between studying and work this weekend Ill retry 4.2.2 LTE without any changes since I just read something between one of the 6 threads about this I am monitoring, which reported someone on 4.2.2 had an issue with shutting off WIFI and it taking an hour to get LTE data to work every time he/she switched from wifi to cell data. I cant remember if I had wifi on when I first put in the sim, I was just concentrated on getting my phone back to normal operation and reinstalling and completely re doing everything I did 4 days before.
As I'm the OP of that thread I can pretty easily clarify the confused here that don't want to read my thread.

4.2 Users: If the correct APN info is loaded you will receive LTE and HSPA+ coverage (in refarmed areas which is most areas now if you're not rural). Device will switch to HSPA+ when making a call then bounce back to LTE when the call is complete. This is because carriers are not yet sending voice call over LTE. The phone is completely usable like this.

4.4 Users: LTE service will cause phone calls and sms failures. The device will throw a roaming error and kill the call immediately. The fix is to put the phone into UMTS mode only and use it without LTE for the time being unless you want to manually Toggle back and forth all the time.

Details can be found in my thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2591954

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to arcanexvi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vlcano57
Old
Thanks Meter 19
My bad arcanexvi didn't mean to cause any confusion. For the record your thread was where i got all my info to get my phone running lol =]

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app