Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,659 Members 44,934 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] WiFi problems after update (NOT Rooted)

Tip us?

chaos67731
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] WiFi problems after update (NOT Rooted)

So I just got a replacement S4 in the mail after the other one got dropped in some water. . .

After getting the phone on, I did the update and all seemed well. . . . until I went to connect to my wifi.

I did not want to root this phone as its my girlfriends and she never seems to care, but would rooting it and installing a custom ROM fix the wifi bug?

OR is there any other way to fix the wifi problem? I am hopping I dont end up having to go back to a sprint store and getting a new phone.

Thanks
[Tutorial] How To Restore Verizon Galaxy Tab Back To Stock

Facebook 1.5.2

Hosted on WhoPeesInTheShower.com

**Phones From The Past**
Nokia 5165
Nokia 3310
Sanyo SCP-8100
SPH-I330
Palm Treo 600
Palm Treo 700
Palm Centro
Palm Pre
HTC Hero
HTC Evo

** Tab **
Verizon Galaxy Tab

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 585
Sometimes the update doesn't copy everything right, first, try to odin just the modem software for your version that you can find here in unknownforces thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2338919

If that doesn't work, I would download the full mk2 tar file from sammobile.com and odin that to the phone. If you are still having problems after that you can try odining the MJA modem from unknownforces thread above.
Phones & Tablets: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8", Evo 4g LTE, Evo 3D, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Ipad 2, Nabi 2,

Rom: Rooted Stock Odexed, Hotspot Mod, Xposed, Wanum, several other xposed tweaks
Firmware: NAE
Kernel: Stock
TWRP: 2.7.1.0

The Following User Says Thank You to cruise350 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chaos67731
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
Sometimes the update doesn't copy everything right, first, try to odin just the modem software for your version that you can find here in unknownforces thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2338919

If that doesn't work, I would download the full mk2 tar file from sammobile.com and odin that to the phone. If you are still having problems after that you can try odining the MJA modem from unknownforces thread above.
Thanks for the tips, I will try them this weekend. And thanks for the links!
[Tutorial] How To Restore Verizon Galaxy Tab Back To Stock

Facebook 1.5.2

Hosted on WhoPeesInTheShower.com

**Phones From The Past**
Nokia 5165
Nokia 3310
Sanyo SCP-8100
SPH-I330
Palm Treo 600
Palm Treo 700
Palm Centro
Palm Pre