Originally Posted by egyptian_guide
yea, it was sea water. so is there ANYTHING i can do??
When I had my Z I did the same thing, and had the same problem you currently have with your Z1.
I put the water on full blast in my sink, as close to "luke arm" as possible, in my attempt to get it to a "room temperature" level. I opened the Camera app and set it to auto-focus, so essentially the lense was moving up and down unable to focus, and turned screen timeout to 10 minutes. I then put the lens of the camera under the stream and left it there for ~3 minutes. Literally left the device in the sink with the plug open
Came back, dried it off, turned the device off, and left it on top of my fireplace covered in a moisture absorbing cloth (from the gym) overnight.
NOTE: My fireplace is an electric fireplace, and doesn't output heat very efficiently. The top of my fireplace is a mantle where I (during xmas) keep chocolates and similar items, which DON'T melt, so that gives you a level of temperature. I can't take any responsibility if you melt your phone or cook the screen or something.
The phone works fine now, however I've since sold it for my Z1.
EDIT: If there's scratches on the lens, go grab some regular, plain white peppermint toothpaste. None of this fancy "tartar control" or "Whitening" crap, just dollar store peppermint flavoured regular toothpaste. Take a small amount on a fiber free swab (note: different from Q-Tips), and rub slightly on the lens. Don't press into it, but do it firmly. The fiber free swab shouldn't be breaking, so use that amount of pressure. Rub for ~1 minute, and then rinse off with water and a microfiber cloth.
You only need 39 digits of pi to calculate the circumference of the observable universe to within a hydrogen atom.
Learn more at www.everydaysciencestuff.com