FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[Q] Install Different RUU, currently running Google Edition

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By ReeceT82, Junior Member on 5th January 2014, 01:56 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello,

I am having all sorts of issues installing a different RUU. I use to have a O2 version of the RUU, I changed this to the Google Edition by unlocking, S-OFF, changing the MID and CID and then flashed the RUU.

I now would like to install a different RUU such as Android Revolution but I keep getting the 24 android.txt error. I have tried to change the MID and CID to a WWE version but to no avail.

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.54.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.17.3250.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 2.14.1700.15
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: REMOVED
(bootloader) imei: REMOVED
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: GOOGL001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4309mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-21fde4b846
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

Guidance would be much appreciated....

Thanks

Reece
 
 
5th January 2014, 02:05 PM |#2  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,866
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeceT82

Hello,

I am having all sorts of issues installing a different RUU. I use to have a O2 version of the RUU, I changed this to the Google Edition by unlocking, S-OFF, changing the MID and CID and then flashed the RUU.

I now would like to install a different RUU such as Android Revolution but I keep getting the 24 android.txt error. I have tried to change the MID and CID to a WWE version but to no avail.

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.54.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.17.3250.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 2.14.1700.15
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: REMOVED
(bootloader) imei: REMOVED
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: GOOGL001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4309mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-21fde4b846
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

Guidance would be much appreciated....

Thanks

Reece

you have s-off I would be very careful messing around ..you can brick the phone.

Also if you have a decrypted RUU you can edit the android-info.txt to match your MID and CID
it's much safer

what instructions are you using to change the MID back ?
try this > http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2535365

Changing CID is simple
fastboot oem writecid 11111111
for Superuser
or fastboot oem writecid HTC__001
are examples
Last edited by clsA; 5th January 2014 at 02:09 PM.
10th January 2014, 12:13 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
2495823967
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

you have s-off I would be very careful messing around ..you can brick the phone.

Also if you have a decrypted RUU you can edit the android-info.txt to match your MID and CID
it's much safer

what instructions are you using to change the MID back ?
try this > http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2535365

Changing CID is simple
fastboot oem writecid 11111111
for Superuser
or fastboot oem writecid HTC__001
are examples

Sorry for the slow reply. How do you decrypt the RUU to either edit the android.txt or find out what MID and CID I need?
10th January 2014, 12:55 PM |#4  
xcrazydx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,197
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeceT82

Sorry for the slow reply. How do you decrypt the RUU to either edit the android.txt or find out what MID and CID I need?

Stop messing with your phone unless you wanna do the research required.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
10th January 2014, 05:39 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrazydx

Stop messing with your phone unless you wanna do the research required.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks for your 'useful' bit of advice, however I was under the impression that the forums were to be used to help people not to provide useless comments. You may be an ace on all of this but some people are still learning.

It is clear that I have done an amount of research as I have the GE running, and I don't mind doing more if I am pointed in the right direction.
10th January 2014, 05:54 PM |#6  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,205
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeceT82

Sorry for the slow reply. How do you decrypt the RUU to either edit the android.txt or find out what MID and CID I need?

just use one of these decrypted ruu.zip http://www.htc1guru.com/downloads/ruu-zip-downloads/ and open the zip file and edit the android-info.txt to match cid and mid of your phone
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes