[Q]Permanently Disable Wi-Fi on S2

Search This thread

souler456

Jan 18, 2013
Calamba, Laguna
Hi. I have hardware problems (I guess) on my SGS2, and when I turn ON my wifi, it's stucked at "Turning-on WiFi" without really turning ON. This is also true on when I reboot, my S2 automatically opens my WiFi, and as expected, stucks on "Turning-ON WiFi" again, which, maybe, drains my battery.

Why guess? I changed ROMs from Stocks to AOSPs and no chance of really turning the WiFi ON.

I searched on XDA (obviously) and found this thread, saying that I should delete the /system/lib/modules/bcmdhd.ko (or some bcm* file) to disable the WiFi module, but on the Stock Jelly Bean (Currently Using), there's no /modules directory...

Searched for the file "bcm" through Root Explorer, and it showed a LOT of bcm-named files, so I have no idea what to delete...

Can you guys help me out? :eek:

I appreciate if you would. Thanks! :D

-Marco

Oct 18, 2013
Surely you must take it in assistance, putting ourselves on maybe the ROM stock. You're not the first, but most people have solved the problem in this way

Reactions: KillMHz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Surely you must take it in assistance, putting ourselves on maybe the ROM stock. You're not the first, but most people have solved the problem in this way