No registration required

[Q] Entropy512 Daily Driver Kernel Freeze

OP divergens

10th January 2014, 07:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Hey guys,

I have been running Entropy512's US kernel on my stock, rooted XXKPL YP-G70 for a while now. I have been suffering from random 1-2 second freezes, and capacitive buttons go dark, every once in a while. I noticed others also seem to have experienced it as well from the posts in the kernel's thread (Can't post there yet as I have not gotten 10 posts). I tried changing scheduler to noop, which does lessen the frequency of occurrence of the freezes but they are still there. I am using ext4, checked with mount in adb shell, so I don't think it is rfs lag. The freezes are usually random, but I can reproduce them somewhat consistently by repeatedly scrolling through a list or something (like songs in the music player, or a website, etc.) very fast. Got it to freeze about 4 times within 5 minutes. I tried to see if something showed up in logcat and I saw that every time this freeze happened, it showed:

W/PowerManagerService< 132>: Timer 0x7->0x3:0x0

in the logcat. What is that? It shows up without fail every time I get the freeze. Did anybody ever have any luck with figuring out what is going on? I suppose I can live with it, but it gets a bit annoying sometimes.

Thanks
10th January 2014, 02:24 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 1,981

1,278 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by divergens

Hey guys,

I have been running Entropy512's US kernel on my stock, rooted XXKPL YP-G70 for a while now. I have been suffering from random 1-2 second freezes, and capacitive buttons go dark, every once in a while. I noticed others also seem to have experienced it as well from the posts in the kernel's thread (Can't post there yet as I have not gotten 10 posts). I tried changing scheduler to noop, which does lessen the frequency of occurrence of the freezes but they are still there. I am using ext4, checked with mount in adb shell, so I don't think it is rfs lag. The freezes are usually random, but I can reproduce them somewhat consistently by repeatedly scrolling through a list or something (like songs in the music player, or a website, etc.) very fast. Got it to freeze about 4 times within 5 minutes. I tried to see if something showed up in logcat and I saw that every time this freeze happened, it showed:

W/PowerManagerService< 132>: Timer 0x7->0x3:0x0

in the logcat. What is that? It shows up without fail every time I get the freeze. Did anybody ever have any luck with figuring out what is going on? I suppose I can live with it, but it gets a bit annoying sometimes.

Thanks

I've never experienced anything like that with EDD. However, it's been a long time since I've used it. I don't recommend posting in that thread. It's an old thread and Entropy512 does not support it anymore. If it were me, I'd wipe everything and start fresh. I bet you don't get any "freezing" on a fresh install. It's most likely an app, combination of apps or too many running apps... Just some thoughts though... Hope it helps.
Last edited by Meticulus; 10th January 2014 at 03:00 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Meticulus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th January 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Thanks for the reply Meticulus.

Yeah, I have tried completely wiping my player and starting from stock with Entropy512's kernel. Tried with the original 2.3.5 US firmware, XXKPH, XXKPL, and still get the same freezing. Only happens with his kernel as well. Oh well, I think I am just gonna go back to stock. When I get more time, I think I am gonna try SlimKat, it looks pretty functional and now that the camera is somewhat working (nice job on that by the way), I could see myself using it daily . Gingerbread is pretty hard to use now that I have gotten used to using my Nexus 7 and Moto G .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread