XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

16-digit password not working after flashing ROM

Tip us?

easymachtdas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default 16-digit password not working after flashing ROM

Flashed my e4gt from a rooted ics to Jellyverse ROM.

Worked flawlessly, but now i need to reprogram my data settings with DFS CDMA Tool... But the damn 16 digit password doesnt work anymore !

Ive flashed this phone to page plus myself and 2010031619780721 worked as a 16 digit password to unlock the phone last time... now no such luck

any suggestions ?

tdunham
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13798
I'm not certain about pageplus but I don't think you need to reprogram the phone through the utility that requires the password. What are you trying to do? Do you have data and the ability to make and receive phone calls?

easymachtdas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Call and text are working, there is zero data.

I know when i got the phone all the data profiles and EVDO settings were set to us cellular settings from the previous owner. I initially had to change all the values to my new number and the verizon towers.

I believe these settings got changed when i installed the new GB27 modem for this ROM ?

I spent alot of time reading/learning about flashing phones and I have repeatedly read that flashing new roms to a phone will require to it to be reflashed to the service provider.

tdunham
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13798
Quote:
Originally Posted by easymachtdas View Post
Call and text are working, there is zero data.

I know when i got the phone all the data profiles and EVDO settings were set to us cellular settings from the previous owner. I initially had to change all the values to my new number and the verizon towers.

I believe these settings got changed when i installed the new GB27 modem for this ROM ?

I spent alot of time reading/learning about flashing phones and I have repeatedly read that flashing new roms to a phone will require to it to be reflashed to the service provider.
And that last may be correct. I wonder if you need a specific modem for pageplus. For instance, I have to flash GC01 modem for Boost on Jellybean because the regular Sprint modem doesn't work (even though you think it would since Boost is really Sprint's prepaid provider). Maybe try the one for virgin mobile I can't recall what modem corresponds to pageplus and I don't see one specific to that carrier. Flashing the modem alone should not wipe out any of the phones carrier info that is programmed in that I've ever seen but it is important for it to use data.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Also, not sure if this applies but it looks like you have to have the correct prl installed for the data to work properly too. I posted in this thread about that and the modem for JB on PagePlus to see if anyone knows for sure:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9#post49177879

tdunham
Old
(Last edited by tdunham; 6th January 2014 at 06:27 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13798
Ok, I got a reply.
Must have a Verizon PRL flashed to the phone.
This means, do not use the update profile & PRL option in the ROM or it may wipe out the PRL. He didn't specify which JB modem to use however.

Edit: You will need your MSL to update the prl on the phone and unless you already have it, I understand its not easy to retrieve on a non-Sprint phone if that is what you've got.

easymachtdas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
thank you for the input

I turned for help to the page plus flashing thread I used initially to flash this phone. I need to find out why the 16 digit password to unlock my phone does not work anymore. The 16 digit password is the same thing as the SPC MSL, as in it unlocks the phone so you can edit the CDMA settings.

Im pretty convinced that either the data or evdo settings got changed, or I need to update the PRL again, like you said.

Flashing the ROM changed one of those settings. We will fix this together XDA !

wizardknight
Old
Thanks Meter 258
These threads may be helpful.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2060085
http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...TC-Touch-Pro-2
The Following User Says Thank You to wizardknight For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

easymachtdas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by easymachtdas View Post
thank you for the input

I turned for help to the page plus flashing thread I used initially to flash this phone. I need to find out why the 16 digit password to unlock my phone does not work anymore. The 16 digit password is the same thing as the SPC MSL, as in it unlocks the phone so you can edit the CDMA settings.

Im pretty convinced that either the data or evdo settings got changed, or I need to update the PRL again, like you said.

Flashing the ROM changed one of those settings. We will fix this together XDA !
In case anyone else runs into this...

solution: Sprint 16 digit password worked. The ROM must have been written for a sprint device? either way it works

The Following User Says Thank You to easymachtdas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]