[Q] Omni Rom root issue

OP originaldigga

8th January 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I just flashed the latest Omni Rom 4.2.2 and found it generally great however one issue I cannot seem to fix. Device is rooted with busybox however when I ran root validator it says "you may have root but permission was not given. Did you allow root when prompted?" or words to that effect...

The issue seems to be that when I run a process / app that requires root access I do not get the prompt to allow root access therefore it can't be given. I even set root to always allow and this didn't fix it. I opened SuperSU and the apps says binary needs to be updated but the update always fails in normal mode. I tried updating via TWRP but the device doesn't boot to recovery and update the binary either.

I have tried unintalling and reinstalling SuperSU and this has no effect.

Another thing, the hardware keyboard is enabled every reboot... but this is easy to get around and may be unavaiodable at this stage. I'm not super concerned about this as sure to be fixed eventually.

Also no photosphere available in stock cam and pano did not work at all (no image captured from cam although it does TRY to make a pano, but with no input from cam it cannot work).

Any ideas how to fix?
Last edited by originaldigga; 8th January 2014 at 08:15 PM. Reason: added extra issues.
10th January 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 54

128 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by originaldigga

I just flashed the latest Omni Rom 4.2.2 and found it generally great however one issue I cannot seem to fix. Device is rooted with busybox however when I ran root validator it says "you may have root but permission was not given. Did you allow root when prompted?" or words to that effect...

The issue seems to be that when I run a process / app that requires root access I do not get the prompt to allow root access therefore it can't be given. I even set root to always allow and this didn't fix it. I opened SuperSU and the apps says binary needs to be updated but the update always fails in normal mode. I tried updating via TWRP but the device doesn't boot to recovery and update the binary either.

I have tried unintalling and reinstalling SuperSU and this has no effect.

Another thing, the hardware keyboard is enabled every reboot... but this is easy to get around and may be unavaiodable at this stage. I'm not super concerned about this as sure to be fixed eventually.

Also no photosphere available in stock cam and pano did not work at all (no image captured from cam although it does TRY to make a pano, but with no input from cam it cannot work).

Any ideas how to fix?

Try flashing SuperSU zip through recovery manually, instead of using the app itself. The SuperSU app requires root to already be fully functional in order for it to install its binaries via normal mode. I don't know about the keyboard and panorama, but I do know that photosphere requires gyro sensor, which the Tab 2 does not have.
Last edited by putr4s; 10th January 2014 at 04:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to putr4s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th January 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Fixed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by putr4s

Try flashing SuperSU zip through recovery manually, instead of using the app itself. The SuperSU app requires root to already be fully functional in order for it to install its binaries via normal mode. I don't know about the keyboard and panorama, but I do know that photosphere requires gyro sensor, which the Tab 2 does not have.

Worked perfectly. Thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread