5,603,920 Members 41,869 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Naked screens

Tip us?

IntelligentAj
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I ordered the Super Shields HD screen protector and I can't even tell I have a protector on it

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

Primary Devices
LG G2(T-Mobile)/Asus Nexus 7(16GB Wi-Fi)
ROM: Stock/ Prime's Vanir 4.2.2
Kernel: Stock/Faux 3.1

Past Phones
HTC One S: Retired
HTC Mytouch3G: Retired
HTC G1: Retired
(As you can see I like HTC)

WheresTrent
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I refuse to answer the question, don't want to jinx myself.
Devices:
LG G2 (T-Mobile, unrooted for now)
Nexus 7 FHD (unrooted; thanks to my wife and Kit Kat!)

RIP Sprint Epic 4G Touch and HTC Hero, it was a good run...OK, more like a good jog.

MajorSuccess
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I had an iPhone 5 before, and it had a few scratches. And I baby my phones a lot. I just bought a G2, and after about 3 weeks, it's still perfect. Hopefully it stays that way for a long, long time. I don't use screen protectors, either. I gave up on them.
The Following User Says Thank You to MajorSuccess For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DHM078
Old
Thanks Meter 17
For those who don't like screen protectors, try a tempered glass one. I mean, it's basically the same thing as a naked screen, you're touching a sheet of glass, but if it gets scratched up you can just remove it and it's all clean again.

Steamer86
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Still waiting for a decent built tempered screen protector.... using cheap ones till.

toeshot
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Never used a screen protector on any of my devices and I never will I have. I have seen people use them and they are ugly, get scratched easier than any glass I have seen. My G1 had scratches, minimal though. My Samsung galaxy Vibrant didn't have any scratches until I let an ex-gf's daughter use the phone for a while then she dropped it, on the cement, glass first. Glass was cracked and a couple of scratches. My SGS II I dropped and cracked the glass, phone still worked and I had very light scratches from the drop. I let a gf's daughter use it and she gat a deep scratch into it somehow. SGS III No Scratches had it for over a year, in pocket with change and keys and dropped several times. LG G2 No scratches.

My theory, young girls scratch phones, don't let them use them lol j\k
  • BLACK G1 - (T-Mobile G1)
  • ROM - Reverting Back to Stock
  • Samsung Galaxy SII - (T-Mobile SGH-T989)
  • ROM - SpeedStock Ultra-Slim 4.1.2
  • Samsung Galaxy SIII - (T-Mobile SGH-T999)
  • ROM - DocHoliday77 4.3 UVUEMJC Deodexed
  • LG G2 - (T-Mobile D801)
  • ROM - Will Arive 11/26/2013
The Following User Says Thank You to toeshot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thenoobhasgb
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdafoundingmember View Post
Maybe your iPhone screen was to small to see the scratches it had 😕

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hahahahhahaha

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app

byproxy
Old
Thanks Meter 10
just thought i'd chime in. i'm bumbed - this is the first phone i've had in a long time that got scratched. i carry naked in my pocket. had an s3 before. no scratches. this phone in only a couple months has developed scratches. perhaps just a fluke. i couldn't say obviously. but figured i'd chime in in case anyone was curious. wish there was some process for buffing scratches out!!

SKyRocKeting727
Old
Thanks Meter 303
Those of you brave G2 owners without screen protectors...beware if the beach. Little sand particles will do harm.

Sent from my JEE TWO
-Once you go NOTE, you'd say 4 inches a Joke

chazglenn3
Old
Thanks Meter 55
I'm not a fan of screen protectors, either. Never use them dating back to my Palm Treo. I am however a huge fan of the latest flip covers...especially the smart ones like the Quick View I have on my G2. Protects the screen when in a pocket, but is naked for use. Perfect for me! I had a flip cover on my Note 2 also.