Nexus 7 Private Cloud Networking

10th January 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

12 posts
Like many, we like to access portable USB HD drive storage while on the GO. On this forum had done my research, apparently we need CM mod to access the storage. I was not so much interested in accessing the portable but able to transfer photos taken from my camera and store in a portable storage HD while traveling.

I had success without rooting N7 and using OTG cable to connect my Canon S100 camera directly. (N7 is rooted now with OTG Helper installed)

One device I found locally was a portable Cloud Wifi, able to perform as a router, access point repeater and battery charger. With this device I was able to create my own private network (without external 3G or Wifi) just the Cloud Wifi and N7.

All I need to do is connect portable storage to Cloud Wifi device, since it has it own internal battery it is able to power the USB HD storage. From N7 select the Cloud Wifi SSID and I am connected. Now I am able to transfer photo using OTG cable to my camera and wireless transfer file to portable HD storage.

One of the best setup with Cloud Wifi, my partner or others can connect Wifi to the portable USB storage and view media files from it.
If you like to know more this is my BLOG POST link (just started this blog for personal reference)

The Following User Says Thank You to scx2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread