Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Help!] Skin Bug

OP CurbThePain

8th January 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ixonia
Thanks Meter: 108

145 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi guys I made a skin for my HTC EVO shift today using a chromebook, some old skins, some pngs from a cm7 theme and some sorta zipsigner for Android. The bug at hand is the indicator on the homescreen over the dock is recognizing the dock as an arc and not a flat dock, so its curving down into my dock png when I scroll over.

Sent from my PG06100 using xda app-developers app
9th January 2014, 12:00 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 29,115

15,866 posts
Donate to Me
More
You'll probably have to change the indicator pngs, I remember seeing a couple skins with a flat indicator... I just searched Sense 2.3 skins when I had the device

9th January 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ixonia
Thanks Meter: 108

145 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan

You'll probably have to change the indicator pngs, I remember seeing a couple skins with a flat indicator... I just searched Sense 2.3 skins when I had the device

Well uh i have another problem, I don't know how to change the name of the skin. Do you know how to do this? I looked on a few forums and apparently there's a folder in /res/ called values and I have to edit the strings.xml and in all my skins there's no values folder at all.
9th January 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN

15,866 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalist

Well uh i have another problem, I don't know how to change the name of the skin. Do you know how to do this? I looked on a few forums and apparently there's a folder in /res/ called values and I have to edit the strings.xml and in all my skins there's no values folder at all.

Sorry it's been to long. I joined the dark side and have been on Samsung for awhile.

9th January 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #5  
Flag Central Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 2,482

2,312 posts
More
The only way to see the Values folders is by decompiling the apk with apktool.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chad The Pathfinder For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN

15,866 posts
Donate to Me
More
There is an apktool for Android now... It's still beta but I've got a link if you guys want it

10th January 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #7  
Flag Central Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 2,482

2,312 posts
More
HERE is a noob friendly tool I've used to decompile apks. It may be helpful to you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Chad The Pathfinder For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread