Fantastic Deal - $329 - Refurbished S4 Active (ebay)

OP mrmartin86

7th January 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 37

335 posts
More
Just in case anyone was interested in picking up an S4 Active, they have a fantastic deal running on ebay right now for $329:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=171209849003

Please note that although the phones they are selling are unlocked, they are the AT&T versions.
7th January 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #2  
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 375

1,058 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmartin86

Just in case anyone was interested in picking up an S4 Active, they have a fantastic deal running on ebay right now for $329:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=171209849003

Please note that although the phones they are selling are unlocked, they are the AT&T versions.

I'm not sure if this is possible, but if somebody were to buy one of these phones, would it be possible to dump everything off of it before using it and create an Odin package? I don't know if this is technically possible, but it would be nice to have a way to get back to official firmware.
9th January 2014, 05:53 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 37

335 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v

I'm not sure if this is possible, but if somebody were to buy one of these phones, would it be possible to dump everything off of it before using it and create an Odin package? I don't know if this is technically possible, but it would be nice to have a way to get back to official firmware.

Nope, otherwise it would have been done. There exists the pre-release MF1 Odin package for when someone screws up, but the only way to get MF3 back (which doesn't have any other noticeable difference other than being able to actually OTA updates) is going to a Samsung kiosk and convince them to load it on your phone (see some of the other threads here about how to do that, which I contributed to as I did it as well).
9th January 2014, 12:25 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
Good deal
9th January 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #5  
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 375

1,058 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmartin86

Nope, otherwise it would have been done. There exists the pre-release MF1 Odin package for when someone screws up, but the only way to get MF3 back (which doesn't have any other noticeable difference other than being able to actually OTA updates) is going to a Samsung kiosk and convince them to load it on your phone (see some of the other threads here about how to do that, which I contributed to as I did it as well).

Yeah, I figured as much. It seems weird that there's no way to dump the entire contents of the phone (bootloader, modem, firmware, etc.). I thought I saw somewhere that people were able to get all the data off the phone, so what's stopping them from creating an image, does the Odin exe need to have the proper signature? I would think that if you could dump the phone you would be able to create an Odin image.
10th January 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 9

102 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thex24

Good deal

A new Nexxus is $349 with Kit Kat...I think that would be a better deal?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread