Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 49,252 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fantastic Deal - $329 - Refurbished S4 Active (ebay)

Tip us?
 
mrmartin86
Old
#1  
mrmartin86's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 327
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Connecticut
Default Fantastic Deal - $329 - Refurbished S4 Active (ebay)

Just in case anyone was interested in picking up an S4 Active, they have a fantastic deal running on ebay right now for $329:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=171209849003

Please note that although the phones they are selling are unlocked, they are the AT&T versions.
Current Phone(s):
Samsung Galaxy S5 (G900T)

Retired Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Samsung Galaxy S II, HTC Desire Z, Nexus One (at&t version), Sony Ericsson c905a, Sony Ericsson w760a, Cingular 8125
 
Devo7v
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 337
Posts: 962
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Washington, D.C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmartin86 View Post
Just in case anyone was interested in picking up an S4 Active, they have a fantastic deal running on ebay right now for $329:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=171209849003

Please note that although the phones they are selling are unlocked, they are the AT&T versions.
I'm not sure if this is possible, but if somebody were to buy one of these phones, would it be possible to dump everything off of it before using it and create an Odin package? I don't know if this is technically possible, but it would be nice to have a way to get back to official firmware.
 
mrmartin86
Old
#3  
mrmartin86's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 327
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v View Post
I'm not sure if this is possible, but if somebody were to buy one of these phones, would it be possible to dump everything off of it before using it and create an Odin package? I don't know if this is technically possible, but it would be nice to have a way to get back to official firmware.
Nope, otherwise it would have been done. There exists the pre-release MF1 Odin package for when someone screws up, but the only way to get MF3 back (which doesn't have any other noticeable difference other than being able to actually OTA updates) is going to a Samsung kiosk and convince them to load it on your phone (see some of the other threads here about how to do that, which I contributed to as I did it as well).
Current Phone(s):
Samsung Galaxy S5 (G900T)

Retired Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Samsung Galaxy S II, HTC Desire Z, Nexus One (at&t version), Sony Ericsson c905a, Sony Ericsson w760a, Cingular 8125
 
thex24
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 23
Join Date: Feb 2011
Good deal
 
Devo7v
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 337
Posts: 962
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Washington, D.C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmartin86 View Post
Nope, otherwise it would have been done. There exists the pre-release MF1 Odin package for when someone screws up, but the only way to get MF3 back (which doesn't have any other noticeable difference other than being able to actually OTA updates) is going to a Samsung kiosk and convince them to load it on your phone (see some of the other threads here about how to do that, which I contributed to as I did it as well).
Yeah, I figured as much. It seems weird that there's no way to dump the entire contents of the phone (bootloader, modem, firmware, etc.). I thought I saw somewhere that people were able to get all the data off the phone, so what's stopping them from creating an image, does the Odin exe need to have the proper signature? I would think that if you could dump the phone you would be able to create an Odin image.
 
mikelets456
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 100
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by thex24 View Post
Good deal

A new Nexxus is $349 with Kit Kat...I think that would be a better deal?
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add the Xperia Z2 Lock Screen to Your Favorite KitKat ROM

Almost every OEM adds its own unique flair to their stock firmwares. While some of … more

Android App Review: Control Your Phone with Quick Control Panel – XDA Developer TV

Your Android smart device has many features that you … more

Play Music on Android Wear with Stellio Music Player

Android Wear smartwatchesare growing inpopularity every day. Some devices have already … more

Schedule is up for xda:devcon ’14

With xda:devcon ’14 just around the corner, and the venue close to selling out, there is a lot … more