Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 44,962 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help please!!! I think I brink my phone

Tip us?
 
lipitor25
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 23
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default [Q] Help please!!! I think I brink my phone

I was trying to OTA after rooting my phone and custom recovery. I am stuck as

secure booting unsuccessful
Cause:

I don't know what to do. Any help will be appreciated. I tried to install custom stock G2 using this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476
 
BeGrateful
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 112
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Charles, MO

 
DONATE TO ME
Here is a tread that has what u need... It was in the android dev section. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
 
lipitor25
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 23
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeGrateful View Post
Here is a tread that has what u need... It was in the android dev section. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
I am not getting that error. I had that problem before, but this is totally different. I get LG red screen then I get this error:

secure booting unsuccessful
Cause:

and then this keep happening. I can go in to firmware update. Nothing much. I tried to use LG g2 stock guide, but no luck either.
 
BeGrateful
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 112
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Charles, MO

 
DONATE TO ME
When I thought I bricked mine I tried using this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476

Its tricky but it worked for me when I couldn't get past bootloader. All you need to be able to do is get into download mode.

Just FYI don't ever take OTAs after flashing custom ROM. They never seem to turn out well.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to BeGrateful For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
lipitor25
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 23
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeGrateful View Post
When I thought I bricked mine I tried using this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476

Its tricky but it worked for me when I couldn't get past bootloader. All you need to be able to do is get into download mode.

Just FYI don't ever take OTAs after flashing custom ROM. They never seem to turn out well.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
I tried that too. When I tried that yesterday, It was working, but right now, doing same process seems doing nothing in my device. I can see whole process in computer, but nothing happens device.
 
BeGrateful
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 112
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Charles, MO

 
DONATE TO ME
Can u get your phone into download mode?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to BeGrateful For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
G1_enthusiast
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 294
Posts: 2,094
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipitor25 View Post
I was trying to OTA after rooting my phone and custom recovery. I am stuck as

secure booting unsuccessful
Cause:

I don't know what to do. Any help will be appreciated. I tried to install custom stock G2 using this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476
dude u got custom recovery...boot into there....use adb to push another rom to your phone.

P.S post in Q&A genius
Phone
HTC Touch pro II ---> Tmobile G1 ---> HTC HD2 ---> Tmobile G2 --> Samsung galaxy S II --> Samsung galaxy S3--> Sony Xperia "Zed"--->HTC one M7(Thank God, dont ever own a Sony)--->LG G2--->HTC one M8

Tablet

Tmobile Slate -----------> Blackberry playbook --------> Samsung galaxy Tab 10.1 ---------->Nexus 7 ---------------->Nexus 7 Second Gen ---------> Dell Venue 8 Pro
 
lipitor25
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 23
Join Date: Dec 2013
Thank you guys.. I got in to recovery mode and install my back up. Don't know how i got in to recovery mode. I kept pressing different combination. Once again, thank you.
 
syfulus
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Bricked in a weird way

I think I bricked my phone in a similar way except I can't get into download mode or anything the only thing I can do is go into the hardware control mode and the factory reset mode when I try to factory reset it scrolls on the top right something about boot certification then it disappears and i get a black backlit screen and can do nothing
 
lipitor25
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 23
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by syfulus View Post
I think I bricked my phone in a similar way except I can't get into download mode or anything the only thing I can do is go into the hardware control mode and the factory reset mode when I try to factory reset it scrolls on the top right something about boot certification then it disappears and i get a black backlit screen and can do nothing
Hey sorry to hear. I went to reset screen I guess by pressing vol down button (Search online because I was keep pressing combination, so don't know exact combo. Press power button to continue and it will take to recovery screen for TWRP. Then install recovery from back up. Mine started working fine.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add Some Power to First Generation Snapdragon CPUs

Some older devices still remain very popular. Phones like theHTC Desire, Sony Ericsson … more

Android M Mentions Spotted in Android Code Review

While we are still waiting for Android L to be officially released, the first mentions of … more

Create a Simple Custom Launcher from Scratch

When you are starting your journey intoany sort of development, it’s never easy at the … more