help with XT862 with XT883 rom?

8th January 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
hello, i got a droid 3 yesterday and was wanting to unlock it for straight talk. i was wondering can i some how actually put the proper rom on this phone? it says its a XT883 and i looked behind the battery and its not. also it says something about china com? also the IMEID numbers are different. any help would be awesome cause i wanna get this all worked out.
Last edited by georgia411; 8th January 2014 at 09:45 PM.
10th January 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #2  
Flag Wichita KS
Thanks Meter: 262

1,908 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia411

hello, i got a droid 3 yesterday and was wanting to unlock it for straight talk. i was wondering can i some how actually put the proper rom on this phone? it says its a XT883 and i looked behind the battery and its not. also it says something about china com? also the IMEID numbers are different. any help would be awesome cause i wanna get this all worked out.

Look for the thread on how to convert to an AT&T/T-Mobile phone if it's 862.
10th January 2014, 10:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious

Look for the thread on how to convert to an AT&T/T-Mobile phone if it's 862.

ok thanks, after doing some more digging and on i think the 10th page of google i was able to find that thread and found another thread that had the full original rom to the xt862, so i flashed it to the american rom, got it unlocked and on straight talk that was just so odd seeing that like that for the first time lol
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread