Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,481 Members 54,204 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] WatchOn APK, not working properly. Helpplease

Tip us?

Cashreborn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Info 2 [Q] WatchOn APK, not working properly. Helpplease

Hello there!

I have a galaxy 3 and I downloaded WatchOn apk file. It installed successfully and everything else, BUT when I try to connect to my Epson projector. It does not work, help me please.

I know this is a issue with my device because my cousin has a galaxy 4 and it works great for him. He can turn on and off the projector easy.

Looking forward to your reply ^_^

dakleenupman
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashreborn View Post
Hello there!

I have a galaxy 3 and I downloaded WatchOn apk file. It installed successfully and everything else, BUT when I try to connect to my Epson projector. It does not work, help me please.

I know this is a issue with my device because my cousin has a galaxy 4 and it works great for him. He can turn on and off the projector easy.

Looking forward to your reply ^_^
Is there an IR Blaster on the Galaxy S3? Without that, it's not going to work afaik.
SM-N900A
Galaxy Note Tre'
AT&T Bone Stock

SM-V700
Galaxy Gear
Bone Stock

Cashreborn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default no sir. I don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakleenupman View Post
Is there an IR Blaster on the Galaxy S3? Without that, it's not going to work afaik.
I have no idea what IR blaster is bro. Can u tell me how to get it and use it please bro?

dakleenupman
Old
Thanks Meter 142
From what I can tell, that phone does not come with an I Blaster which is part of the hardware/build of the phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
SM-N900A
Galaxy Note Tre'
AT&T Bone Stock

SM-V700
Galaxy Gear
Bone Stock

Solarenemy68
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashreborn View Post
I have no idea what IR blaster is bro. Can u tell me how to get it and use it please bro?
You can't get one. it is either built in to your phone or not. it is an IR (infrared light emitter). A GS3 does not have one. they only started using them on the S4 and the Note 3. On the Note3 it is a small round black looking plastic plug on the top end of the phone just to the right of the speaker. There is a high power IR LED behind that emits beams that can work like a remote for device and they can also be used to exchange data between to similar devices.

That being said by, if you mean by Galaxy 3 as in an S3 then you cannot use this app. On the other hand if you mean a Note 3 then you can use this app and it should require no special settings. Just follow the setup instructions in the app and you are good.
The Following User Says Thank You to Solarenemy68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]