Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,569 Members 43,954 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Omni Xoom Wingray boot problem

Tip us?

Zaxxon8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q]Omni Xoom Wingray boot problem

I recently rooted and installed OmniROM on my Xoom, but am having problems getting the tablet to boot. It makes it past the moto screen, but gets stuck on the blinking omni logo.

I followed the instructions in this thread, but I can't seem to get it to work. I have tried the entire process twice, and tried omitting gapps and even the update. Anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong?

If it means anything, TWRP is unable to wipe Dalvik, data or Internal Storage.

Thanks in advance!

Zaxxon8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Okay Scratch that. I did a reformat/reinstall and it finally booted. Now I just need to figure out that Text To Speech engine error.

Midjet
Old
(Last edited by Midjet; 11th January 2014 at 04:00 PM.) Reason: updated comments
Thanks Meter 1
I have the same problem but with the Everest version
I have gone back to Gingerbread then back to EOS4
What did you do to reformat?
Did you successfully manage to wipe the dalvik cache and data etc?

OK in case anyone else had the problems I had then this repartitioning guide helped me. It was slightly different than the guide here, ie not just a wipe everything and expect it all to be ok kinda thing.

I was running my Xoom with the last EOS build and had an earlier version of TWRP. I started by upgrading in recovery to the NonBigPart TWRP and then followed the instructions from this link to repartition format etc and it worked for me.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2506997