Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,151 Members 36,939 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Web site is unavailable

Tip us?

buggerritt
Old
(Last edited by buggerritt; 10th January 2014 at 11:58 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 516
Default Web site is unavailable

I've recently come across a weird issue with both Galaxy S4 devices on my account. One is running a custom ROM (Goldeneye 18.1) and the other is stock rooted mf3. I have had no trouble accessing sites with either phone until today. i tried to get on icontact.com (email marketing site). I get the same error on both phones:

I've tried various browsers with the same basic results. I've tried the icontact app (which worked b4) and it claims that I'm not connected to the internet. I've tried on Wi-Fi and 4g lte. Other sites work fine. Friends and family have been able to connect to the same sites on their phones with no problem. I tried clearing cache/cookies/history. I tried formatting my phone and clean flashing this ROM. Nothing I've tried seems to work. I'm at a loss as to what this could be. Is there some simple thing that I'm overlooking?

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Jumping From ROM to ROM in my
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4

lauterm
Old
Thanks Meter 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerritt View Post
I've recently come across a weird issue with both Galaxy S4 devices on my account. One is running a custom ROM (Goldeneye 18.1) and the other is stock rooted mf3. I have had no trouble accessing sites with either phone until today. i tried to get on icontact.com (email marketing site). I get the same error on both phones:

I've tried various browsers with the same basic results. I've tried the icontact app (which worked b4) and it claims that I'm not connected to the internet. I've tried on Wi-Fi and 4g lte. Other sites work fine. Friends and family have been able to connect to the same sites on their phones with no problem. I tried clearing cache/cookies/history. I tried formatting my phone and clean flashing this ROM. Nothing I've tried seems to work. I'm at a loss as to what this could be. Is there some simple thing that I'm overlooking?

I think GoldenEye has ad-blocking built-in. There should be a flashable zip to remove it. Or, you can directly edit /system/etc/hosts to remove the offending entries. I'm not sure why a stock rooted phone would be blocking it too. I can pull up the site fine on CM 11.

EDIT: You can remove all the lines from the hosts file except leave "127.0.0.1 localhost".
The Following User Says Thank You to lauterm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

buggerritt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 516
Thank you. I installed adfree on the stock rooted. I'm not sure why that site would be blocked by the hosts file but i guess it was. I'll edit it manually later.

Jumping From ROM to ROM in my
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4