FORUMS

I/O Summary: App Permissions

Rumors regarding the new app permissions system have been floating about the internet for weeks now. … more

NVIDIA Launches SHIELD Android TV at Google I/O

Since Android TV was announced at Google I/O 2014, there has been very little activity … more

Devs Beware – Automatic Backup Privacy Risks

One new feature of “Android M” (speculation on potential names welcomed … more

Android M to Bring New App Drawer

It has now been seen that Android M will receive a new app drawer as part of the stock … more

ME7 to stock help

Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Graphene [x], Junior Member on 11th January 2014, 01:54 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I updated my phone from MDK to ME7 when I first purchased it. I also put a custom Google edition ROM 4.2 on it. I'm having trouble finding a guide that tells me how to go back to stock. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
11th January 2014, 02:19 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 843
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphene [x]

I updated my phone from MDK to ME7 when I first purchased it. I also put a custom Google edition ROM 4.2 on it. I'm having trouble finding a guide that tells me how to go back to stock. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

So you loki'd the phone...loaded a custom recovery to install a custom rom. ..?

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven
The Following User Says Thank You to decaturbob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2014, 02:22 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I'm not sure what Loki means but I rooted my phone, put safe strap on it and installed a custom ROM.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
11th January 2014, 02:45 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 843
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphene [x]

I'm not sure what Loki means but I rooted my phone, put safe strap on it and installed a custom ROM.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ok. That is what I'm checking. You can odin back to a stock me7

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven
The Following User Says Thank You to decaturbob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2014, 02:51 AM |#5  
thevance1's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Santa Cruz
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphene [x]

I'm not sure what Loki means but I rooted my phone, put safe strap on it and installed a custom ROM.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I was actually just searching for a fix for my custom recovery lokid mdk phone. I flashed a stock 4.3 mk2 rom and all was well until i tried to flash an aroma mod that caused my phone to go into unauthorized software detected by verizon message on reboot.(it was in the verizon i545 section) thought I'd odin back to mdk and reroot, flash custom recovery, restore back up, etc but now i'm stuck in a stock verizon bootloop. ideas?
11th January 2014, 02:57 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob

Ok. That is what I'm checking. You can odin back to a stock me7

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven

OK thanks I'll give it a try tomorrow. I plan on selling my phone to get a new one and I just want it all on stock. After I flash with Odin will safe strap be removed or do I need to do something else to remove it?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
11th January 2014, 03:13 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Athens, TX
Thanks Meter: 145
 
Donate to Me
More
Odin an emergency version that wipes the phone to remove all traces. Others just clear the system and don't touch data.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
11th January 2014, 01:12 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 843
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevance1

I was actually just searching for a fix for my custom recovery lokid mdk phone. I flashed a stock 4.3 mk2 rom and all was well until i tried to flash an aroma mod that caused my phone to go into unauthorized software detected by verizon message on reboot.(it was in the verizon i545 section) thought I'd odin back to mdk and reroot, flash custom recovery, restore back up, etc but now i'm stuck in a stock verizon bootloop. ideas?

My first impression if you odined a mk2 stock rom, you have lost your mdk loki exploit.....you have locked your bootloader up. Thats my first impression as I really don't know much about S4 phones before ME7.
11th January 2014, 05:16 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Since I started on MDK and updated to ME7 are you sure I need to flash the ME7 stock with Odin instead of MDK? I just want to make sure so I don't soft brick my phone.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
12th January 2014, 12:02 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Athens, TX
Thanks Meter: 145
 
Donate to Me
More
If you went up to me7 as an update and not flashable zip, then you cannot go to mdk. No. You have to go to me7.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes