HTC One Extended Charger USB Wire - Unable to charge

Search This thread

j4v3d

Dec 24, 2013
Manchester
Hi Guys

I bought a 3m USB cable wire for the HTC One so I can lie down in bed and use my phone with a longer cable while charging the phone. I noticed it kept saying Unable to charge while in host mode. Why is this? When I plugin the normal original USB wire in to charge the phone it works perfectly.Is the 3m wire not sufficient enough for the HTC One?

Thanks in advance
J4v3d

aviola7x7

Jan 21, 2013
Hmm, are you plugging it into a wall adapter or a computer's usb port? The host mode thing should only kick in when it tries to act as a host for a usb device such as a flash drive or external hard drive. Assuming that you're using a wall adapter, I would say it would be a defective usb cord as it keeps making the phone enter host mode. Just a sidenote, the phone is unable to charge whenever it is host mode. Hopefully someone else can weigh in on this.

lufeig

Sep 13, 2008
Sao Paulo
It seems you got a 3m OTG cable, the "unable to charge while in host mode" message shows up when I plug in my OTG cable.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

j4v3d

Dec 24, 2013
Manchester
Hmm, are you plugging it into a wall adapter or a computer's usb port? The host mode thing should only kick in when it tries to act as a host for a usb device such as a flash drive or external hard drive. Assuming that you're using a wall adapter, I would say it would be a defective usb cord as it keeps making the phone enter host mode. Just a sidenote, the phone is unable to charge whenever it is host mode. Hopefully someone else can weigh in on this.

In to the wall charger pal. It can't be defective as it works on the PC and is brand new. It charged my phone completely the second time i plugged it in.

It seems you got a 3m OTG cable, the "unable to charge while in host mode" message shows up when I plug in my OTG cable.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I bought this one from eBay pal if it helps. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290737576817?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D290737576817%26_rdc%3D1

So any long USB wires like the 3M one is no good for the HTC One?

v1rk

Dec 14, 2013
London
I've been using my nvidia shield charger and adapter and thats seems to work fine. Also never noticed any issues using my nexus 2012 charger and 2013 charger and with my iphone 5 adapter plug slow charging.