Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Tmobile on verizon note 3

OP trpfn03

10th January 2014, 03:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

26 posts
I have a verizon note 3. I am on tmobile now. Using a jelly bean rom, I have everything working except for wi fi calling? Anyone know how to get it? or how to load a tmobile rom on the verizon note 3?

I tried loading a tmobile rom but the wifi would not connect?

Thanks,

Kevin
The Following User Says Thank You to trpfn03 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th January 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #2  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 354

975 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trpfn03

I have a verizon note 3. I am on tmobile now. Using a jelly bean rom, I have everything working except for wi fi calling? Anyone know how to get it? or how to load a tmobile rom on the verizon note 3?

Thanks,

Kevin

Unless I'm way off here, Verizon uses cdma where tmibile us gsm. How is your Verizon note even working on T-Mobile to begin with?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
10th January 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #3  
Flag Tacoma
Thanks Meter: 3

44 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trpfn03

Thanks,

Kevin

I'm using my phone on Tmobile right now. I just need mk2 radios to get lte to work same time as receiving calls. And correct answer.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
10th January 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by suckmikehawk88

I'm using my phone on Tmobile right now. I just need mk2 radios to get lte to work same time as receiving calls. And correct answer.

verizon note 3? which rom are you running?
10th January 2014, 07:58 PM   |  #5  
Flag Tacoma
Thanks Meter: 3

44 posts
More
Correct apns*

10th January 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by suckmikehawk88

Correct apns*

where you able to get wifi calling? do you have a link to the rom you used?

thanks
11th January 2014, 03:10 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 91

455 posts
Verizon has world phones, that have some GSM capabilities, they also have SIM cards, because LTE is GSM tech and SIM is part of LTE specs, so yeah it should work at least on some frequencies. The only ROM that has WiFi calling, as far as I know is T-mo. There was some guy claiming he loaded pretty much all different ROM's he could get into his Note and it worked, but don't remember details, do search maybe in International Note 3 forum and see if T-mo is mentioned. Not sure if you care, but right now loading ROM's could trigger Knox flag, so maybe research this before hand and I have a feeling soon we may have some new breakthrough, when loading any ROMS is no problem, but not sure if Knox flag can ever be reversed, once tripped, there is no way for now.
BTW I'm not sure if you're aware, once you have WiFi calling, you can call home from around the World on WiFi for free. Don't let other people call you, but you can make free international calls home as long as you're on WiFI. It does not work for local calls. That is outside the new international calling plan T-mo has.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread