Sprint Abruptly Ends One Up Program Today

11th January 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Antonio, Tx.-New Orleans, La.
Thanks Meter: 153

596 posts
More
I got a HTC One Max several days ago on the 2nd of January with One Up. I paid like $59.00 for the sales tax and walked out happily. On the 8th I decided to return the phone and get a Note 3. I was told that I would have to pay sales tax on the Note 3 as well and that the $59.00 I had paid previously would be applied to my account. I was given no choice in this matter. I did not like this at all as my bill was current. Not having the extra money I left again not so happy.
Today I return with money to cover the sales tax on the Note 3. The rep starts the swap and then informs me that the One Program ended today and that I would have to pay a down payment of $149.00+taxes equaling over $200. I was not ready for this whammy at all. The new program is called Easy Pay I think. To make a long story short, since I am tired of telling the story, I asked the manager and 2 supervisors at the cancellation department how can they just abruptly end the program when I am within my 14 day return period and not honor our agreement. I was told that it was not contractual and that it would fall under a refund since the program was ended. Both supervisors at cancellation just said they understood how I would be upset, but it was out of their hands...blamed it on the big wigs.
Then the manager decided to make a call. She talked to someone who said they would waive the fees as long as I got the same phone. I reluctantly agreed. One rep went to pick up the phone at another store. I waited about an hour until he returned. Now the other rep started the transfer again. Then he calls his manager who had let the building while I was waiting. He now tells me that they were mistaken and the fees could not be waived. I left the store with my Epic 4G Touch which I had left there 10 days earlier. Anyway, this is a bit of a vent and does not fully express my rage.
Last edited by imakulate; 11th January 2014 at 03:49 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread