Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can't connect to computer as storage device.

OP rockr09

11th January 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
I've been trying to connect my phone to my computer and all it does is charge. Nothing shows up on the computer and no notifications show up on my phone. I've re-installed drivers and tried to connect it to different computers and it does the same thing. I've tried different roms and used different cables as well. The only thing I think of is that it got some light water damage about 6 months back but I've connected it to a computer since then so I don't know how that could be it. I've searched for solutions for the last 3 days but nothing has worked. Anybody have any ideas what I could do or could I replace the usb port or something? Thanks.
Last edited by rockr09; 11th January 2014 at 03:59 AM.
11th January 2014, 04:50 AM   |  #2  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 133

269 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockr09

I've been trying to connect my phone to my computer and all it does is charge. Nothing shows up on the computer and no notifications show up on my phone. I've re-installed drivers and tried to connect it to different computers and it does the same thing. I've tried different roms and used different cables as well. The only thing I think of is that it got some light water damage about 6 months back but I've connected it to a computer since then so I don't know how that could be it. I've searched for solutions for the last 3 days but nothing has worked. Anybody have any ideas what I could do or could I replace the usb port or something? Thanks.

go in to developer options>USB debugging.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread