Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,283 Members 38,568 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't connect to computer as storage device.

Tip us?

rockr09
Old
(Last edited by rockr09; 11th January 2014 at 02:59 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Can't connect to computer as storage device.

I've been trying to connect my phone to my computer and all it does is charge. Nothing shows up on the computer and no notifications show up on my phone. I've re-installed drivers and tried to connect it to different computers and it does the same thing. I've tried different roms and used different cables as well. The only thing I think of is that it got some light water damage about 6 months back but I've connected it to a computer since then so I don't know how that could be it. I've searched for solutions for the last 3 days but nothing has worked. Anybody have any ideas what I could do or could I replace the usb port or something? Thanks.

heathroi
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockr09 View Post
I've been trying to connect my phone to my computer and all it does is charge. Nothing shows up on the computer and no notifications show up on my phone. I've re-installed drivers and tried to connect it to different computers and it does the same thing. I've tried different roms and used different cables as well. The only thing I think of is that it got some light water damage about 6 months back but I've connected it to a computer since then so I don't know how that could be it. I've searched for solutions for the last 3 days but nothing has worked. Anybody have any ideas what I could do or could I replace the usb port or something? Thanks.

go in to developer options>USB debugging.