5,605,187 Members 39,499 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] fake skyrocket? i727 without AT&T logo at top

Tip us?

drago10029
Old
(Last edited by drago10029; 6th April 2014 at 10:35 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Default [SOLVED] fake skyrocket? i727 without AT&T logo at top

Hey all,

I recently had a skyrocket that had a "samsung" logo at the top of it. bought it from ebay, looked fine, worked fine, with the exception of bad call quality.

I recently had a warranty repair on my phone and they sent me back a skyrocket with the AT&T logo at the top which seems to be what every other skyrocket looks like, according to ebay. Was the Skyrocket I had before fake? or maybe it was repaired before being sent to me with a 3rd party part.

What do you guys think?
-------------------------------------------
SOLUTION

Along with Vincoms answer below, I believe my ebay bought Skyrocket went thru some umentioned repairs before purchasing, BEWARE NEW ITEMS ON EBAY ARENT ALWAYS NEW!!!
Samsung Galaxy S III i747 in creamy Pebble Blue
Skyrocket and Vibrant R.I.P. Gone but not forgotten! MOTO X Goodbye and Good ridden!

vincom
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3240

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by drago10029 View Post
Hey all,

I recently had a skyrocket that had a "samsung" logo at the top of it. bought it from ebay, looked fine, worked fine, with the exception of bad call quality.

I recently had a warranty repair on my phone and they sent me back a skyrocket with the AT&T logo at the top which seems to be what every other skyrocket looks like, according to ebay. Was the Skyrocket I had before fake? or maybe it was repaired before being sent to me with a 3rd party part.

What do you guys think?
mine says samsung, its from rogers

Hit The Thanks Button If Ive Helped

MY SUPERLITE ROMS
CM10.1 & CM10.2
AOKP JB4.3
SL-PAC-Man JB 4.3
CM10 JB 4.1.2
ATT JB 4.1.2
ROGERS JB 4.1.2
MY STICKIES
1 STOP > ROMS | KERNELS | FIRMWARE | RADIOS | RECOVERIES | GUIDES | INFO | & MORE
HOWTO > | RESTORE TO STOCK | USE ODIN | INSTALL CWM/TWRP | ROOT |

Newbs B4 you flash
Read more!!
Read the stickies!!! Search!!!
Once you know what you are doing and are stumped at a certain problem, post in the q&a forum

drago10029
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincom View Post
mine says samsung, its from rogers
That's interesting. The rogers stock ROM would be the only ones to give me a issues lol.

Just curious cuz my call quality was kinda ridiculous sometimes (bad) thought i had a fake maybe since I didn't know any better.
The rogers support HD voice using amr-wb? I'm assuming you're still with them.
Samsung Galaxy S III i747 in creamy Pebble Blue
Skyrocket and Vibrant R.I.P. Gone but not forgotten! MOTO X Goodbye and Good ridden!
Tags
ebay, fake, i727, repair, skyrocket