Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 44,160 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Scrren cracked do I need to return to stock to get it fixed?

Tip us?

snwman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Default Scrren cracked do I need to return to stock to get it fixed?

Well let the phone drop and edge of screen is cracked just around the front face camera. Everything works perfect still. But ive been told by the shop I bought it off that they will wipe it due to personal data protection. Now of course im not on stock firmware and recovery. Just wandering if any one can shed any light on this.

I would fix it myself but for the price of screens vs the price of sending it away to get fixed its not worth it maybe 10 or 20 euro

zygore
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by snwman View Post
Well let the phone drop and edge of screen is cracked just around the front face camera. Everything works perfect still. But ive been told by the shop I bought it off that they will wipe it due to personal data protection. Now of course im not on stock firmware and recovery. Just wandering if any one can shed any light on this.

I would fix it myself but for the price of screens vs the price of sending it away to get fixed its not worth it maybe 10 or 20 euro
Buy a new screen glass in "aliexpress" and be happy.

commandonz
Old
(Last edited by commandonz; 11th January 2014 at 04:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
I'd send it as is. You're not asking for anything to do with software, so the ROM on it is irrelevant. You're not asking for warranty repair so that's not important either.