5,595,570 Members 46,082 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] [lg-e980] bricked super hard!! Please help!!!

Tip us?

ewrecc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes it is! What I used was a cmd tool built for the optimus g (not pro). I've given up.. Only option is to JTAG it. With tax return coming soon that's what I'm going to invest in =)

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

ewrecc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Can't cuz my lgogp won't even boot up! Unless you know something I dont

calitiskirby@gmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 11
didnt know this can brick the g pro.i thought having a backup and knowing how to use the flashtool will do all the trick.ive done this so many times (flashing of roms/flashing back to stock using lg flashtool) i cant actually remember.but after reading this post i feel a little scared now.specialy not only one person had the problem,there are others with the e988 like mine

ewrecc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
No, I'm sorry.. it was actually my crappy computer.. The tools work great.. Once I get jtag'd I'm going to she using them again

KSoD
Old
Thanks Meter 110
I had the same issues. Use FreeGee and got the recovery bootloop. From there I tried everything. After a reboot got nothing. Just like the rest. I sent my phone out for JTAG and a week later it was back in my hands fully operational. The guy who did it was named Joe over at brickedmyphone (dot) com. not trying to advertise for them or anything. But for $50 I was able to get my phone out and back in 7 days fully operational. It wasnt a bad price either. I contacted Joe up front asking questions on if JTAG would work and he thought so as well. If JTAG doesnt take, he will refund the price minus shipping costs back. So really you got nothing to lose.

I can say that I was happy. He got my phone and JTAG it the same day. Sent me pics of it operational and everything. I was able to verify it was mine by the IMEI in one of the pics he sent. He sent it out that day and I would have had it back in 6 days but there was a Sunday involved.
LG Optimus G Pro Stock Rooted
Phone Bricked trying to FreeGee it.
Unbricked by JTAG