No registration required

Thoughts on 20140109 AOKP Nightly

OP Fahrenheit

10th January 2014, 10:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 21

92 posts
More
I upgraded from 12/30 to 01/09 build and it seems to be a little snappier. I also notice more ROM Control options which is nice. A few issues I've noticed:

⚫AOKP GApps are missing the Genie Widget, Chrome, and Google Voice (maybe by design?)

⚫AOKP GApps uses the "Android Keyboard (AOSP)" instead of Google Keyboard. The AOSP version seems non-standard with the long-presses on keys and the lack of keys on long-pressing the period. Thoughts on moving to Google Keyboard?

⚫ROM Control from 12/30 had an option to automatically unlock when you enter the correct PIN (instead of having to hit enter). Will that come back?

Thanks for your work...this is still the best KK ROM out there (especially for an old GNex). Cheers!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
10th January 2014, 10:43 PM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahrenheit

I upgraded from 12/30 to 01/09 build and it seems to be a little snappier. I also notice more ROM Control options which is nice. A few issues I've noticed:

⚫AOKP GApps are missing the Genie Widget, Chrome, and Google Voice (maybe by design?)

⚫AOKP GApps uses the "Android Keyboard (AOSP)" instead of Google Keyboard. The AOSP version seems non-standard with the long-presses on keys and the lack of keys on long-pressing the period. Thoughts on moving to Google Keyboard?

⚫ROM Control from 12/30 had an option to automatically unlock when you enter the correct PIN (instead of having to hit enter). Will that come back?

Thanks for your work...this is still the best KK ROM out there (especially for an old GNex). Cheers!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

we kept GAPPS that can be installed from play store outside the gapps package, so that user's who need it can download, and user's who dont need are not forced to use
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to championswimmer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2014, 12:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

92 posts
More
Makes sense.

Oh and I was wrong about the option to unlock phone when pin is entered...option exists, its just under Security 😳

I did notice that the Location toggle doesn't seem to toggle though.

Sent from Galaxy Nexus
11th January 2014, 12:07 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

92 posts
More
... and the Genie widget cannot be downloaded from the Play Store.

Sent from Galaxy Nexus
11th January 2014, 07:45 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 60

147 posts
More
Very nice work from the AOKP team. Its the ROM i always come back to. Thanks!

@op try other Gapps like Banks Standard if the AOKP Gapps isn't for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to wozn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread