XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Hard brick when flashing CM11?

Tip us?

momonjava
Old
(Last edited by momonjava; 8th January 2014 at 06:26 AM.) Reason: typo
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Hard brick when flashing CM11?

Hello everyone. Just thought I'd throw this out there to see if anyone can work some magic. I was running CM 10.2 stable with the VRBMF1 firmware (no 4.3 OTA update accepted). Used Clockwork Mod (latest version) to flash the 1/6 nightly along with the 12/8 gapps package. Formatted data/system/cache prior to flash. Booted it up, and I get the Samsung logo for an instant, but then just a black screen and a few vibrations. No splash screen. Battery pull didn't work. Won't go into download mode so I can't Odin back to stock. Tried to debrick using an SD card and .img file using this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2581166 and nothing happened. Am I looking at JTAG, or does someone have a different approach? Wish I knew what happened...I'm very used to rooting devices. I plan to re-root it as soon as possible so it'd be good to learn from whatever mistake I made. Thank you so much for any insight you can provide.

momonjava
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Problem Solved

My phone did need to be JTAG'd. I did a little searching and found someone on eBay who goes by patrickwalls. He has 100% positive feedback, and he just hit 1000 happy customers so I felt pretty confident. He charges $28 for the JTAG recovery. For an additional $20, he rooted my phone and installed CM 11 (I was spooked after bricking my phone...I'll get over it). His communication was almost instantaneous, and the turnaround was only 3 days (he's in Maryland, I'm in Virginia so that helps). Free return shipping via 1st class package; upgrades and insurance are available. Could not be happier with his service.

twistedillutions
Old
Thanks Meter 146
So wat brick ur fone. That i know of roms can't brick fones?