5,600,612 Members 33,691 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can only connect to LTE; can't make or get calls/text

Tip us?

Skeezixmccat
Old
(Last edited by Skeezixmccat; 1st January 2014 at 08:46 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Can only connect to LTE; can't make or get calls/text

I'm running Triforce 4.0 on MJA. My phone acts like it's looking for a signal but can only find LTE. The data on LTE works fine. Wifi also works. In my settings, it says my phone number is unknown (I have gotten it to also just say 0 while trying to get it to work) and my MIN is also unknown. It says my PRL version is 1, even after updating it. Everything worked fine until I tried flashing a new rom which wouldn't even boot. I restored my nandroid backup and that's where this whole mess started. Tried flashing the MK2 modem in odin, and even though it flashed successfully, it changed nothing and my settings also still say I'm on MJA.

I even went to the Sprint store, and a helpful fellow tried to flash it back to complete out of the box stock using Kies but it threw up an error and soft bricked me. Fudged up the flash counter somehow, too. He said he couldn't get me a replacement because he obviously knows I voided the warranty, but told me to go to another store and just tell them it was a 4.3 update gone awry and they'd get me a replacement because it was in a state where you really couldn't tell it was rooted. It worked, and they ordered a new one but said it'll take two days. In the meantime, I decided that I could get to the bottom of this because I still have data on my internal storage I want. I unbricked it, got my nandroid backup running and now I'm pretty much right back where I was earlier today. And I'm out of ideas. Does anyone know what it means when the phone forgets its own number? What can cause this? How can it be remedied? How can it be avoided?

leaderbuilder
Old
Thanks Meter 1182
Since you already tripped the counter and the Sprint guy you took it to was a boob..
You could grab the MK2 .tar from here (the tar.md5 is in the zip, just extract the .tar.md5 and put that one file in the PDA slot of Odin) and flash it via Odin. It'll reset everything (all partitions and modem etc.) Then re-root via CF-Autoroot, add recovery using GooManager and then do what ever you want.
* MK2/NAE ROMs * NAE Modem * 4.3/4.4 Kernels * MF9 Bootloader *

if you've found any of my blathering useful, there is a thanks button that can be hit.
The Following User Says Thank You to leaderbuilder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Skeezixmccat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaderbuilder View Post
Since you already tripped the counter and the Sprint guy you took it to was a boob..
You could grab the MK2 .tar from [snip]snip[/URL] (the tar.md5 is in the zip, just extract the .tar.md5 and put that one file in the PDA slot of Odin) and flash it via Odin. It'll reset everything (all partitions and modem etc.) Then re-root via CF-Autoroot, add recovery using GooManager and then do what ever you want.
I was going to try downloading that, but I've already downloaded two other firmwares and I have an extremely small amount of data I can use per month (10GB) because I'm using Verizon's LTE. Nothing else is available where I live. My bill is already going to be $200, so I made one last ditch effort to get things to work without wasting ANOTHER gigabyte because not only did I not want to wait 7 hours for that download, I didn't want to download it at all because the previous firmwares I downloaded wouldn't even flash. They fail in Odin. Er, one of them does, anyway. The other one I downloaded was just not the right firmware.

So I tried just random things and typed ##72786# into the dialer. Phone rebooted, and everything works now, somehow. I'm still not sure what causes this, but as long as I can reliably fix it any time it happens then it's not a big problem. Now I just have to tell the guys at the other Sprint store that I don't need the replacement. Thanks for the help, by the way!
The Following User Says Thank You to Skeezixmccat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

leaderbuilder
Old
Thanks Meter 1182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezixmccat View Post
I was going to try downloading that, but I've already downloaded two other firmwares and I have an extremely small amount of data I can use per month (10GB) because I'm using Verizon's LTE. Nothing else is available where I live. My bill is already going to be $200, so I made one last ditch effort to get things to work without wasting ANOTHER gigabyte because not only did I not want to wait 7 hours for that download, I didn't want to download it at all because the previous firmwares I downloaded wouldn't even flash. They fail in Odin. Er, one of them does, anyway. The other one I downloaded was just not the right firmware.

So I tried just random things and typed ##72786# into the dialer. Phone rebooted, and everything works now, somehow. I'm still not sure what causes this, but as long as I can reliably fix it any time it happens then it's not a big problem. Now I just have to tell the guys at the other Sprint store that I don't need the replacement. Thanks for the help, by the way!
Glad you got it back with Activation.
Thanks for reporting the solution too! Helps the community.
* MK2/NAE ROMs * NAE Modem * 4.3/4.4 Kernels * MF9 Bootloader *

if you've found any of my blathering useful, there is a thanks button that can be hit.

daniel4653
Old
Thanks Meter 2351
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaderbuilder View Post
You could grab the MK2 .tar from here (the tar.md5 is in the zip, just extract the .tar.md5 and put that one file in the PDA slot of Odin) and flash it via Odin. It'll reset everything (all partitions and modem etc.) Then re-root via CF-Autoroot, add recovery using GooManager and then do what ever you want.
What do you mean he was a boob? Lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone

Skeezixmccat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I would like to add that simply going to the option in settings to activate the device never worked, nor did updating PRL, profile, etc. Any time I tried to just reactivate the device using the option to do so, it would say there was an error.

ymf331
Old
(Last edited by ymf331; 11th January 2014 at 08:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 17
Default sorry if this is a dumb question, but...

if you go into your mobile network settings, is your cdma subscription set to nv? if not, try switching that.

edit: sorry if i came a little late but i think that's the problem.